Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emirates Stadium

• 27-06-2005 9:06pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml;jsessionid=KA2XVC0JVZGXPQFIQMFCM5WAVCBQYJVC?xml=/money/2005/06/26/ccgunn26.xml&menuId=242&sSheet=/money/2005/06/26/ixcity.html&menuId=242&_requestid=11954

Interesting article on Arsenal's new stadium at Ashburton Grove.
    The financial risks for Arsenal are not trivial.

A new funding package was put in place in February last year: the club's accounts for the year to May 2004 showed that its debts stood at £158m. By the end of this year, construction costs will mean that the club has drawn down the majority of a £260m senior debt facility arranged with Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interest payments of around £15m will commence when the club moves into the stadium in a year's time. The club has fixed its interest repayments on its main borrowings, but it could well refinance by issuing a long-term bond as and when Ashburton Grove proves to be a success.

The club has made money - £41.8m - from property development activities related to the new stadium. More could follow when 2,000 luxury flats are built on its historic old ground.

However, the most visible new earner is the sale of the naming rights for the stadium to Emirates, the Dubai-based airline. That deal is worth £90m to the club over the next 15 years.
    I'm most interested in the financial aspect, particularly the flats. Now i'm not that familiar with house prices in North London, but i'd expect 'luxury' flats in North London to fetch at least £200k a pop (assuming they are being sold), which if you do the maths, equates to £400m. Which is a lot of loot.

It's looking good: http://www.arsenal.com/images/emiratesstadium/emirates250505_9x.jpg

/me is excited :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I was watching either Sky Sports News or BBC News a couple of weeks ago and they were doing a small story on the flats. Apparently if you buy one of them you get a season ticket too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Yeah, I saw that piece on the news too. Some people who had been on the waiting list for season tickets were annoyed because they felt they were being 'queue jumped' by people buying apartments. The apartments were selling very quickly iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

interesting to see the debt level at about the same level as that of Manchester United post-takeover.

Advertisement