Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

errors

Options
  • 24-05-2001 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of script kiddies getting upset on the security board. So it might be related.

When the board has gone down I've done a tracert and the second last IP address appears as invalid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I'm getting that from inside thrinitiy

so i'd be coming through our proxy, to heanet, then to boards...

addition: now thats odd - that flood control thing is on + i wasn't allowed to post (my first post of the day)...Is the site being haxored ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yeah i was getin alot of that flood control stuff too, but since i'm on the same server as S-M-A-K i wasn't surprised tongue.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by azezil:
    yeah i was getin alot of that flood control stuff too, but since i'm on the same server as S-M-A-K i wasn't surprised tongue.gif

</font>

lol. tongue.gif

even when i come in in the morning and boom!, it just appears when i try to post my first message of the day. pain in the **** alright!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm getting the same as yerself, Hobbes, and I'm connected via a leased line through Esat.Net. It seems, apparently, to be more of a problem with the last machine before news.boards.ie in the route to the site, as pings come back fine and one would assume that the admins are not making configuration changes to their own server that take from 2am to 10am ! wink.gif

Any idea what's going on, lads?

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    I'm getting the same as yerself, Hobbes, and I'm connected via a leased line through Esat.Net. It seems, apparently, to be more of a problem with the last machine before news.boards.ie in the route to the site, as pings come back fine and one would assume that the admins are not making configuration changes to their own server that take from 2am to 10am ! wink.gif

Any idea what's going on, lads?

</font>

I don't even understand your last post not to mind anything else!"leased line", "pings", "server", "lads" its all too much for me. tongue.gif

• Advertisement

I seem to be havin alot of trouble reaching boards these days, i put in the url n i get a http: error, i knows its there cause i pinged it but it won't load!

Is it just me, or is anyone else experienceing the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i'm getting the same problem.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

yeah but ur on the same server tongue.gif, anyone else??

Advertisement