Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Warhammer Community

Options
  • 23-05-2001 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Any interest? I know that DeVore and Kharn play from posts on the humour board, but would there be enough of an interest for a seperate board.

We could expand it to encompass all aspects of fantasy gaming/roleplay/card games if that would create more interest.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Isnt that what the RPG board is for tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Not really, the topics posted there,that I've read/seen, are computer based, I was thinking more along the lines of the hobby of the game, like the modelling, converting and information on events like WarpCon and GaelCon.

Plus I'm only looking for a board that I'll find like-minded ppl to discuss such stuff with, the role-playing board is cool, and there are some excellent posts there. I just thought I'd post up this thread to see if there are ppl interested in the subject who aren't posting on the RPG board or who want a seperate community board.

(I'd prefer the former personally)

[This message has been edited by nesf (edited 24-05-2001).]

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well I've played the board game once, but the PC game I have played over and over...

Warhammer is still quite a popular feet and, no doubt, more people will sign up to boards who will have / be interested in the game - I know a few people who play the Warhammer Board game and other form of RPG's, so I'll get them to take a peek here...

Anyway - It has my support - And a few other's on the way wink.gifbiggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I agree- for discussing MMORPGs and computer RPG's we'd have the RPG board- and for discussing p&p RPGs, CCGs, LARPs and the like(fantasy authors, GenCon, DCI tourneys, etc.), we'd have a seperate board. It would help bring the group of people who until now posted on Literature, Humanities, Humor, After Hours and RPG boards together into a single community. The idea has my full support.

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =E Pluribus Unum=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

whats wrong with the rpg board? i just looked at it and there are like 8 threads in it from the last 10 days?
    surly warhammer threads would be filed under rpg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I wouldn't mind seeing a Warhammer board... it could cover the genre rather than the specifics... could cover from Epic to WFRP and 40k to the computer games.

PS Space Wolves own Tyranads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

DBC -> Warhammer is'nt roleplaying it's wargaming, BIG difference, that's why it would'nt be filed under the rpg board, besides most of the posts there are based on computer based rpg's, I think that having a real RPG/Wargaming board would be an excellent idea.

But oh, no tears please, fear and pain may acompany death, but it is desire that sheperds its certainty, as we shall see...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

there isnt enough interest.

just post it in the rpg forum if u want to talk about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd be on for this kind of board - I mostly play 40K. Had a class Undead Bloodbowl team and a pretty good up-and-comming Orlock Necromunda gang.

I mostly play Eldar in 40K, but I've got some Space Wolves and a few Chaos models (well, I HAD to buy Kharn the Betrayer curlydav.gif)

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i'd support this too. i'd actually like to get into tabletop games.

[that makes 7 supporters btw! wink.gif]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

The White Lance space marines chapter owns you all!!1
    Yes im supporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

I'm not into it myself but I know a few ppl who would luv it! U hav my support!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've decided to request a community for wargames in general, that should include enough scope perhaps.

Favourite Memory: Seeing an Avatar being ripped to pieces by Space Marine Assault Squad in hand to hand smile.gif

[This message has been edited by nesf (edited 24-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

nice idea !

you have my support

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

you might get more support if it was more of a hobby board. with general hobbies etc..

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

Advertisement