Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exercise classes/things to do

• 27-06-2005 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I've recently moved to Waterford and am currently looking for things to get involved with.

I'm really looking for something that might help me meet some people here as well as get some exercise - perhaps some aerobics/step/kick boxing type classes? or what I'd really love would be some sort of dance class. (Btw I'm a 24 year old female!)

Does anyone attend any classes that they'd recommend or know of any? I dont' want to have to sign up to a gym for a year or anything just to be able to attend the classes.

I find it quite hard to find info around Waterford for activites and pasttimes that go on in and around the city and I'm sure there must be lots.

Other ideas of non-exercise things are welcome too!
    Thanks in advance,

SS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

I remember reading something during the week in 'News & Star' or 'Waterford Today' about Salsa Dance Classes starting up for anybody interested. I'll try to get the info 4 ya & post it here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

http://www.munster-express.ie/fun1.htm

Pretty much everything thats going on gets put in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭gary_s

Tanabe wrote:
    I remember reading something during the week in 'News & Star' or 'Waterford Today' about Salsa Dance Classes starting up for anybody interested. I'll try to get the info 4 ya & post it here!

For salsa in Waterford, try http://www.steppingout.ie/01.html (click on Tues) or mayeb try http://www.salsa.ie/ who used to do classes there.

For other locations, see http://www.gary99.utvinternet.com/salsa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

i'm in the same boat, i moved to waterford in October and i've been trying to find something to keep me from going mad during the week :(. i went to salsa dancing classes in waterford crystal leisure centre but didnt keep it up. the good thing is you can be a beginner or advanced it doesnt matter because he shows a new routine every week. its on every monday night from 9 - 11pm. it just wasnt my cup of tea, but there were people there who loved it and have been going for ages every week, so you should give it a try. i'm gonna try aqua aerobics this week, thats on there every monday, tuesday and thursday night. anything to get out of the house ! :) if i see anything else i'll let you know !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i know lynne mcenery does ladies only kickboxing/keep fit classes in billy sullivans gym up in tycor, not sure of times or days, but it might be worth looking into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

daftdave wrote: »
    i know lynne mcenery does ladies only kickboxing/keep fit classes in billy sullivans gym up in tycor, not sure of times or days, but it might be worth looking into it.
    Think the ladies only class is wednesday aint sure of the times,mixed classes are tuesday & thursday 8 to 10,well worth going to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

there was some of those kickboxing keep fit classes in one of the buildings behind the park petrol station a while back. i think you could pay for 10 classes at a time. maybe take a stroll down and have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

thats great, thanks a million. i'll look into it. also, if theres anyone who gives guitar lessons ( beginner ) i would be REALLY interested... thanks again !

Advertisement