Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bigger girls...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Rozie wrote:
    I think it would be really cool if a girl could just say "Right, I don't like being thin anymore, I'm going to fatten up until I'm nice and plump" just the same as they would decide to loose weight...
    I think that if a girl is naturally thin, it would be unhealthy for her to eat so much that she becomes fat. It wouldn't be right, and could quite possibly screw up her body chemistry somehow.

As for fat girls.. well, I'm a girl so it's just from a purely aesthetic viewpoint but I think if you're wearing trousers that are designed to be baggy, but they look like they were sprayed on then it's pretty horrible. Fair be it if they want to wear the clothes but people should also be able to tell what looks good or not on them.

And is it just me, or did this thread already happen ages ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I think that if a girl is naturally thin, it would be unhealthy for her to eat so much that she becomes fat. It wouldn't be right, and could quite possibly screw up her body chemistry somehow.

As for fat girls.. well, I'm a girl so it's just from a purely aesthetic viewpoint but I think if you're wearing trousers that are designed to be baggy, but they look like they were sprayed on then it's pretty horrible. Fair be it if they want to wear the clothes but people should also be able to tell what looks good or not on them.

And is it just me, or did this thread already happen ages ago?

I think the thread might have happeneda ges ago, I jus felt like posting it again because I had something else to add XD

I don't think gaining weight is that harmful if it's done right. I'm not talking about severe weight gain. And gaining a little weight certainly isn't harmful. But you do have a point with the body chemistry. But if you do it intelligently and safely, you can become quite large without any health issues. It's an issue of want, really. I'm quite happy with my weight. I'd like to be a *little* more thin, but only a little, like, half a stone, stone at most. It's not something that bothers me that much. If I was with a girl, I think I'd like her to be bigger than me, but I'm not sure. I much prefer thinner guys though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

Rozie wrote:
    lisamariebickels01.jpg

That's a turn on for you then?
    OH NO. No way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

I like my women with a bit of meat on the bones :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.heatherhaven.com/welcome.htm seems to have gone off line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

Caught a short clip of a documentary on how animals choose their partners. Two male and one female birds (don't know what type) were kept in a large, plastic cage. All can move around, but only the female one can see both the male birds. The males were fed differently - one had a diet with more carrots than the other. This led to the healthier bird having feet which are redder than the other bird's. Video footage demonstrated that the female bird frequented the bird with the redder feet far more than the other.

Conclusion? You tell me. My take is that the instinct is to look for potential mates who are more healthy. Has it occurred to anyone that a girl who is neither too thin or fat is likely to be seen as more healthy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

No, but that bird with the red feet isn't looking so bad after all. I know I have her number written down somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Can we all seriously stop quoting the picture of that body builder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Kazaanova wrote:
    Can we all seriously stop quoting the picture of that body builder?

Yes, please do stop it. It scares me.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    lisamariebickels01.jpg
    This one?

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's disgusting though. Looks like cured ham. Or the skin off dead people. Especially on the legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

This one?

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's disgusting though. Looks like cured ham. Or the skin off dead people. Especially on the legs.

For the love of

Imagine the poor fella giving her that tatoo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

On the upside.........

hmmm...........

Oh Fcuk it there is no upside.

That is vile. Iwould rather do a guy(i'm also a guy, this shows how repugnant i think that "woman" is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

4Xcut wrote:
    Iwould rather do a guy(i'm also a guy, this shows how repugnant i think that "woman" is)
    Luckily gay men are well known for having no interest in fashion, so I think you'll get away with that one here :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Its amazing how people can get banned for posting Goatse but not this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

i don't find that bodybuilder particularly unattractive.

on the balance of things, i admire anyone who is dedicated and committed enough to achieve such a fine and defined musculature. in that sort of condition, bodyfat levels have to drop below 4-5%. which is extremely difficult to attain, and dangerous to maintain for extended periods. an example of the reverse is brad pitt in fight club. for the fight scenes in the basement he was required to drop to 4% body fat, but was only able to maintain that for 5 or 6 days max before the risk to his liver became too great. i'm sure some of the ladies here wouldn't be so quick to express their disgust
    bpitt1.JPG
    so why the horror at her appearance?

between competitions, she would look far more "normal", just looking much more muscular than the average woman.
    for example...http://www.lisamariebickels.com/gallery/lisamariebickels08.jpg (just a link as i don't don't want to upset anyone)

the reactions here are just an example of how people react to anything outside the realm of what they consider to be normal. be it too fat, too thin, too strong, too short, too tall. it's all just further illustration of the intolerance that we all exhibit from time to time, and that we should strive to suppress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Hey..
    Hmm ok...

Curvy figure is the hourglass shape you can be curvy at any weight..
    Hourglass shape is defined waist with hips and breasts nearing the same size.. It’s all about symmetry

Personally being thin is not healthy but neither is being over weight.

When I see a girl walking around and has that gap between her legs, it makes me sick. Yet happy to be nothing like that.

But then again when I see girls who's guts are hanging over their waistband I also get the same feeling.

Now I am nowhere near thin, I'm a size 14 and 5 foot. But I can carry myself quite well I have a defined waist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Indeed, for both sexes, the more preferred look seems to be squarely in the middle - slim but soft and curvy for a girl, lean, and toned for a guy.

Must say that if I'm immediately turned off if I see a 'bony' looking girl on the street. On the other hand, when I see someone that is so heavy that they waddle instead of walk, I think to myself, "For God's sake, would you not do something about that"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 G-RÓID

i think muscular women are a real turn on especially carmen garcia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

No to bigger girls, slim girls even feel sexier, big ones just not nice to hold....

Don't slate me, other posters have been putting down slim girls and I don't want criticism for being honest

*just my opinion, not neccesarily fact*
    Rozie wrote:
    I think it would be really cool if a girl could just say "Right, I don't like being thin anymore, I'm going to fatten up until I'm nice and plump" just the same as they would decide to loose weight...

And they would do it if fat people looked good. Do you really think it's a coincidence that the majority of icons - models\popstars etc are slim even though it's harder to be slim than fat?

And they would do it if fat people looked good.

I know it's only an opinion, but it's still very ignorant, I'm sorry. Back when Marliyn Monroe was doing her stuff in the 50s, Size 16 was much more preferable to Size 10. Have you ever looked through a Mythology book? Notice how Aphrodite, goddess of love, is pretty much fat by todays standards? And Gaia even more so? Even though they're not *actually* fat at all.

Skinny is just the face of today, it reflects on the empty, starved souls of the modern public.

People will do what it takes to be fashionable. It doesn't mean it's the best state of being. The best state of being is for people to be all shapes and sizes, what suits them, or what they feel like.

And I don't care about your opinion, anyway. *I* like fat girls, and I know there are others that do who are too ashamed to admit it. Of course I don't find anything past plump very attractive, but up to and including that, I embrace the flub.

I'm just tired of all the eating disorders, and despressing fat girls getting fatter than they need to be.

As for the body builder... I'm not going to say OMG SHE SHOULD BE NORMAL SHAPE INSTEAD, but she's trying to prove her strength as a woman by um... pretty much looking like a man. I just tired of people proving themselves with BIG MUSCLES and BIG GUNS instead of Big Brains which actually solve the world's problems. And I don't mean ****ing 500 points in your leaving cert(I got 420 :P) Big Brains, I mean real thinkers, real artists, not people who just follow rules very well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rozie wrote:
    I know it's only an opinion, but it's still very ignorant, I'm sorry.
    Nice of you to apologise, but if he/she finds fat women unattractive, well they're entitled to think that.
    Back when Marliyn Monroe was doing her stuff in the 50s, Size 16 was much more preferable to Size 10.
    Yes, and you also had women like Hepburn(Katherine and Audrey), grace kelly, Doris Day, Lauren Bacall et al. None of which you could ever accuse of being "pudgy". Marilyn herself varied in size quite a bit, but she tended towards 12/14 rather than 16.
    Have you ever looked through a Mythology book? Notice how Aphrodite, goddess of love, is pretty much fat by todays standards? And Gaia even more so? Even though they're not *actually* fat at all.
    Well here's a few images of Aphrodite from the original Greek source. http://web.uvic.ca/grs/bowman/myth/gods/aphrodite_i.html The biggest she gets is 14 at best. Not exactly pudgy either. In fact, in some of them she's downright scrawny.
    http://web.uvic.ca/grs/bowman/myth/images/haifa/h101.jpg http://web.uvic.ca/grs/bowman/myth/images/haifa/h107.jpg

Later images of her show her in a way that would not be out of place in a fashion show today.
    http://www.bergerfoundation.ch/wat4/zoom_english.cgi?dia=55
    http://www.bergerfoundation.ch/wat4/zoom_english.cgi?dia=59
    http://web.uvic.ca/grs/bowman/myth/images/haifa/h100.jpg

It's only when we get to Rubens does she approach the "chick with no mirror in belly top" size. Even then she has a waist without recourse to corsets. http://web.uvic.ca/grs/bowman/myth/images/haifa/h111.jpg
    Skinny is just the face of today, it reflects on the empty, starved souls of the modern public.
    Yes, but it could also be said that fat is the face of societies with lean times where extra fat was seen as insurance against famine. There are few examples of societies where food is plentiful where excessive fat is considered a good thing(Tonga is the only one that springs to mind). As others have pointed out excessive fat or skinnyness is not what most men or women want. Sure enough some do like the extremes of both, but most just go for the healthy look in men and women. Healthy is neither fat nor skinny. Both states bring health problems, though fat generally affects the joints more for obvious reasons.
    People will do what it takes to be fashionable. It doesn't mean it's the best state of being. The best state of being is for people to be all shapes and sizes, what suits them, or what they feel like.
    Generally fashionable(eg in women's mags) is excessively skinny and most men don't go for that. Check out any mainstream girly mag and you wont see too many anorexics.
    And I don't care about your opinion, anyway. *I* like fat girls, and I know there are others that do who are too ashamed to admit it. Of course I don't find anything past plump very attractive, but up to and including that, I embrace the flub.
    Fair enough, but don't berate others and accuse them of propagating anorexia just because they don't "luv the flub"
    I just tired of people proving themselves with BIG MUSCLES and BIG GUNS instead of Big Brains which actually solve the world's problems.
    I'd say it's a mixture of big guns and big brains solves the world's problems. :)
    And gaining a little weight certainly isn't harmful. But you do have a point with the body chemistry. But if you do it intelligently and safely, you can become quite large without any health issues.
    Now hang on, it would depend on your starting weight/body fat. If you're in the normal weight range any gain could be detrimental. The idea that you can be "quite large" without any health issues is frankly as daft as promoting excessive weight loss. Extra fat puts stress on the bones, the heart, the hormonal system and leaves you open to type 2 diabetes, gallstones and many other conditions rarely found in people with normal body fat ratios. If I was to suggest that you can be "quite skinny" without any health issues, I would rightly be taken to task for such a dangerous suggestion. An unhealthy weight is bad on both ends of the scale.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Wibbs wrote:
    Marilyn herself varied in size quite a bit, but she tended towards 12/14 rather than 16.
    I'm actually quite sick of people falsly citing Marilyn to be a 16. For a start she wasn't! Clothes belonging to her at auction were far smaller, barely a today's size twelve. The average woman those days was far smaller than now. I really doubt there has ever been a desirable female popculture icon who hasn't been thin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Clothes belonging to her at auction were far smaller, barely a today's size twelve.
    Thought so myself but I wasn't sure.
    The average woman those days was far smaller than now.
    Good point regarding the sizes of women in the past. I seem to remember studies looking at dress sizes had found that in the last century women grew taller and fatter, especially around the waist. So much so that the hour glass figure is dying out. If you look at a beach photos taken on beaches in the 50's compared to now, there are a lot more flabby types about today.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.htm

FYI, at the max estimation ; 5ft 5in and max 140pounds, and those huge boobs; that's probably only a todays size 10, at the most: thin.

The fact that there seem to be more flabby types around today could be linked to the fact that women are a lot more independent nowadays. They might rant about how there's all this media pressure to be skinny and that could be accurate, but this thread (well, possibly a better example would be the older version of this thread, I can't remember it exactly) is an example of how women are going to stand up for their figure even if it may not be the healthiest or the perfect beautiful ideal or anything. Because people nowadays seem big on the personal rights/freedoms.

Maybe that or today's swimsuits are by far too unrestrictive.

Just my €0.02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=276126
    I set up a poll for this. As a lady with some curves I'd be interested to see what the general opinion is on this! I really am sick of seeing painfully thin women on TV and in magazines all the time. I love that new Dove campaign... they are what real women should look like!

a question to all...
    What do you consider to be fat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Rozie wrote:
    lisamariebickels01.jpg

That's a turn on for you then?

Is that a real human, or some sort of terrifying wax museum experiment?
    That is vile. Iwould rather do a guy(i'm also a guy, this shows how repugnant i think that "woman" is)

I'd just like to take a moment to glare at you. :mad:

It should be pointed out that being overweight is mostly healthier than being underweight, and most claims of bad health for overweight people are exagerrated. When you are "unhealthily" thin you generally lack energy, when you are "unhealthily" large you can still be quite fit, technically.

And I don't mean massive weight gain by fairly large, I mean, as would have been implied by me saying it's my favourite size, around a 16.

Whatever you think, there are ways to put on quite a lot of weight without much damaging your health. Yoyo dieting is much more harmful, as there is no constant for your body to get used to. It can get used to a shape or the process of increasing mass, which it does, but not to a constant flip flop.

Women *are* naturally larger than men, that's one thing people should accept.

Even if Marilyn was a 12/14 that's still larger than most models. And keep in mind that was only one example. There was indeed a time when larger women are more attractive. You might say that's based on survival value or whatever, but so what? Liking thinner women is based on societal norm more than anything. There was a time when larger women could be seen as attractive.. the wench and mistress types.
    There IS a lot of larger women in classical art, the modern "Size 10" would be a rare site indeed, and a sure sign of bad health.

I'm arguing for all shapes and sizes within reason, though I don't personally find anorexia to be a very good option.

Hmm, it's ironic that the supermodels are getting thinner and thinner at a time when so many of the regular population are becoming obese.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's so much a "Fast food" thing, we've always had that, and if anything, it's healthier than before.

I think there's a direct coreallation between the media forcing the thin image and the increase in obesity; people just can't take the strain of trying to achieve this image, which leads to lack of positive self image, lack of confidence, depression, and inevitably as a result, weight gain.

Keep in mind that "Experts" keep dropping the line of what is considerred obese. I remember many years ago you'd have to be 300 or over, remember that episode of the simpsons? Now it seems more like 200. ****ing ridiculous. Fat has become Obese, and curvy has become Fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

i like curvy, gives ya something to hold on to whilst doin the do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Shards

its mainly a matter of height though isn't it? like the taller your frame the more weight you can handle and vice versa.

What exactly is the point of posting these sick pictures? I don't see their contribution to the ubiquatous "Who fancies fat chicks?" debate.

People find that kinda skinny just as repulsive as an overweight figure. To the masses; slim is attractive, slim and fit. End of...(god I better stop watching BB tripe).

Rozie wrote:
    I don't think it's so much a "Fast food" thing, we've always had that, and if anything, it's healthier than before.

I think there's a direct coreallation between the media forcing the thin image and the increase in obesity; people just can't take the strain of trying to achieve this image, which leads to lack of positive self image, lack of confidence, depression, and inevitably as a result, weight gain.

Keep in mind that "Experts" keep dropping the line of what is considerred obese. I remember many years ago you'd have to be 300 or over, remember that episode of the simpsons? Now it seems more like 200. ****ing ridiculous. Fat has become Obese, and curvy has become Fat.

It's dependant on your height, and to some extent your width(!); but basically your height. Your weight divided by your height squared in SI units (meters and kilos) gives you your Body Mass Index (BMI). Normal is something like 19-25, 25-30 is overweight, 30+ is obese. This is a general guide line, but if you're over 30, you're prob'ly in trouble regardless.

And those skinny pictures are ****ing terrifying, and should come with a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rozie wrote:
    In the episode though, that wasn't just obese, that was so hyper-obese that he counted as disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The contraceptive pill plays a part in this as well.
    The simulated fake pregnancy that the pill is desigined to produce means
    that women on the pill have larger breasts, and gain more weight then what women looked like years ago. We do eat more calorie laden food and most peoples job do not involve long hours of manual labour.
    But I do hate to see the scareily thin, unber tanned, bleach blonde look on some woman like they cant think for themselves how they shoudl look.

Hmm, I definitely remembered a time that you had to be in the late 200s at least before being declared "Obese".

Where does "Fat" fit in then?

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    Hmm, I definitely remembered a time that you had to be in the late 200s at least before being declared "Obese".

"Overweight" and "Obese" are medical terms, and have a fairly defined meaning which doesn't change.

If you're say 5'4 and 180lb, you're clinically obese. This has always been the case. To be, say, 270lb and non-obese, you'd have to be 6'8". You can play around with this stuff here: http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

"Fat" is an aesthetic judgement, and means vastly different things to different people. For instance, unless I've got a flat stomach I tend to think I'm fat (my weight varies a fair bit); some people wouldn't think they're fat if they've got a bit of a belly, and anorexics ALWAYS think they're fat. It's very subjective.

*Page* wrote:
    a question to all...
    What do you consider to be fat?
    All things considered, I'd say when the waist is bigger than the hips(women and men). For me the apple shape doesn't appeal by comparison to the pear shape. That said there would be a limit on the pear shape. Where that limit is would be down to personal taste. As a bonus the pear shape is healthier than the apple in both men and women.
    Rozie wrote:
    Hardly. The amount of outlets for fast food in this country has gone up massively in the last 20 yrs. More fast food delivery outlets too. Look at any outlet at the weekend and see how many people use them. Looking at kids turning into blobs with their parents help is sickening. It's hardly healthier than before, when the size of the portions have increased.
    In the 60's female images were skinny too(Twiggy, the shrimp etc) and people weren't obese in nearly the same numbers. Can you explain obese men? The ideal for men hasn't changed that radically, yet nowadays there are a lot more fat blokes as well. Basically people eat more(and badly) and move less than they did before.

I do think for women the "comfort" eating idea is truer than for men. I know if I'm stressed I eat less, but for most women I know the opposite is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

Rozie wrote:

I dont think you do as weight has no relevance to obesity,it's measured by bodyfat% and I think you are considered obese when over 40% of your body is fat(this could be just for men).

Also,its possible to be in such good shape that you are over 200lb and under 10%BF......

DAEDULUS wrote:
    I dont think you do as weight has no relevance to obesity,it's measured by bodyfat% and I think you are considered obese when over 40% of your body is fat(this could be just for men).

Also,its possible to be in such good shape that you are over 200lb and under 10%BF......

Where did you get this? Obesity as defined my the WHO is based on BMI. And yes, there are rare cases where people with high BMIs aren't in too bad a way; the BMI is a general statisic and doesn't work for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

Riding fat chicks is a lot like riding a moped... great fun until your mates catch you doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

rsynnott wrote:
    Where did you get this? Obesity as defined my the WHO is based on BMI. And yes, there are rare cases where people with high BMIs aren't in too bad a way; the BMI is a general statisic and doesn't work for everyone.

Well....from PE teacher,gym staff and several internet sources...
    Nobody takes any notice to peoples BMI off the forum,bf% is generally how it is measured...

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity (worth visiting if only for the obese mouse).

Yes, I see what you mean, however anyone with BMI over 30 is unquestionably in trouble, as are the vast majority of people with BMI >25.[url][/url]

rsynnott wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity (worth visiting if only for the obese mouse).

Yes, I see what you mean, however anyone with BMI over 30 is unquestionably in trouble, as are the vast majority of people with BMI >25.[url][/url]

Uh, sorry, but that's a whole load of bull****. My BMI is over 25 and I don't have any problems from it, whatsoever. And it's not like I'm a rare exception, either. I don't think you realise how many people actually *are* "overweight* without you even paying much heed to it.

Wibbs wrote:
    All things considered, I'd say when the waist is bigger than the hips(women and men). For me the apple shape doesn't appeal by comparison to the pear shape. That said there would be a limit on the pear shape. Where that limit is would be down to personal taste. As a bonus the pear shape is healthier than the apple in both men and women.

Hardly. The amount of outlets for fast food in this country has gone up massively in the last 20 yrs. More fast food delivery outlets too. Look at any outlet at the weekend and see how many people use them. Looking at kids turning into blobs with their parents help is sickening. It's hardly healthier than before, when the size of the portions have increased.
    In the 60's female images were skinny too(Twiggy, the shrimp etc) and people weren't obese in nearly the same numbers. Can you explain obese men? The ideal for men hasn't changed that radically, yet nowadays there are a lot more fat blokes as well. Basically people eat more(and badly) and move less than they did before.

I do think for women the "comfort" eating idea is truer than for men. I know if I'm stressed I eat less, but for most women I know the opposite is true.

The more i think about it, the more it's just human beings as a whole getting fed up with society and not really caring, can you blame them? The thinner models get, the more unrealistic that goal becomes.

People only eat whatever food they look for, or is given to them. Fast Food is addictive, but you have to want to eat enough of it in the first place to become addicted to it. And you don't need to finish portions, I don't if I don't feel like it. I usually get smaller than I want and have a snack afterwards if I'm still hungry.

Rozie wrote:
    Uh, sorry, but that's a whole load of bull****. My BMI is over 25 and I don't have any problems from it, whatsoever. And it's not like I'm a rare exception, either. I don't think you realise how many people actually *are* "overweight* without you even paying much heed to it.

I know very well how many people are overweight, and certainly do pay heed to it, but what can I do? :S It's almost always a choice people make, like smoking.

Being overweight isn't really a choice unless they purposely gained that weight, which is very rare.

Also, here's something rather beautiful that everyone should read, I probably posted it here before but it got ignored:

http://www.moonspheres.com/i.html

Of course, you probably just think she's a fat bitch who doesn't conform to your society's norms, even though it's not even her choice. So whatever.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement