Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Vodafone

Options
  • 27-06-2005 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I have to say im sick of them i really am, i know someone who tried to do the change over the other day and it took two days, their bloody website is always down, im with meteor myself went to spain last week and was using a vodafone sim and i couldnt recieve calls it was a joke. And ppl say meteor is bad but they really aren't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Chubb76 wrote:
    im with meteor myself went to spain last week and was using a vodafone sim and i couldnt recieve calls it was a joke.
    With most ready to throw type phones, you need to get roaming authorised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

vodafone is the most crap company.it rips people off and they cannot provide a proper service.they are the most expensive but still lack service.
    i recommend o2 or even meteor is better than them

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

Chubb76 wrote:
    i know someone who tried to do the change over the other day and it took two days,

and was it vf's fault? i hear they're pretty good for porting and its the other operators who are sh1te
    Chubb76 wrote:
    im with meteor myself went to spain last week and was using a vodafone sim and i couldnt recieve calls it was a joke.

so why didnt you use your meteor sim??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Having tried O2 I got sick of their prices, especially after the unification and then subsequent charging of o2 customers from here using them in the uk on o2 there for the exact same rate I left as I was mighty pissed off. But boner phone are a total waste of time, everything is worse than the other providers, worse still they claim 100% coverage but thats untrue as I know that I can take a vodaphone sim to a few people I know that live out in the country and it gets a massive 0 bars! Screw them all as they are all lying tossers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Vodafone are the best developed mobile phone company in Ireland. Don't be complaining about Vodafone not having covarage in other countries when the other networks don't even have any coverage in some parts of Ireland. Meteor have about as much coverage as a set of walkie talkies from Argos.

they at least never claim 100% coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

At least Vodafones claims are reasonably acurate. Meteor and O2 claim they cover 99% of the population and 95% of the land. I think somone's nose over at O2 and Meteor just grew.

how do you work out the nose growing. Corks population 300000, dublin 1.2mill both are well covered. The calculations would be pretty apt on o2s part. rural areas would be a few 100 people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

With meteor you can only send a picture message to other meteor numbers - shíte. They give you 30 webtexts a month - shíte, they're coverage is - you guessed it, shíte. Wow, what the hell am I wasting my time with vodafone for???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

jew you're well behind the times, its 300 a month and you can send MMS to any network from meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I switched from Vodafone to Meteor a while back because they were giving away free phones and my old Vodafone one was fcuked. It worked out cheaper for me and I find them fine, so far. Their coverage is better in my house in Dublin than Vodafone's was but I don't travel to many rural spots so don't know what it's like nationally. They have that agreement with O2 though to use their masts where Meteor have no coverage, your phone says O2 but you get charged as normal.

I only had one piece of trouble with Vodafone (apart from being more expensive). I used to have massive bills, c.€200 a month or more. One single time (after being a customer for 7 years) I didn't pay by the due date and they cut my phone off immediately-no phonecall, no text form customer care to allow me to sort the matter. That left a bitter taste in the mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

nm wrote:
    jew you're well behind the times, its 300 a month and you can send MMS to any network from meteor.
    Oh, well I didn't know that, sorry nm. Don't think I'll be moving from vodafone though, since I'm bill pay and all the other network's bill pay tariffs are dirt. (To be honest all the networks are shít and they'll all fúck you over any chance they get!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

whoa what the fuuk am i doing at vodafone i buy 10 euro credit and it goes in 3 days texts are 13c screw that shiit its 9c on meteor theres no downside to meteor really... fuuk i cant change over i have a vodafone live phone balls, i'm actually considering buying a new phone so i can be on meteor it would save me in the long run

Advertisement