Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dizzy...

Options
  • 27-06-2005 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Ok, So I think I might be a bit mad posting here, but I've done a couple searches and couldn't really find anything like what I want to mention.

I find, that if i go into certain places, I will get quite dizzy for a few moments, then feel a very strange sensation like somebody's watching me.
    I first felt it in my great grandmothers house (who died nearly 20 years ago). The second I walk in the front door, I get quite dizzy. I first noticed it when I was about 9. This happens without fail, every time I go in. And if I walk around upstairs, into her old room, i feel it.

My parents also bought an old abandoned house in our estate that hadn't been lived in for years and years, and when I first walked in...again, i got this strange feeling.

Another time I went looking at a house for sale and the house was nice until i walked into a bedroom, and just felt like I shouldn't be there, and felt momentarily dizzy.

It happened to me most recently in work, i walked into a room that I've never been in before and got probably the strongest feeling that I'd had before, I almost had to steady myself. I walked out thinking that maybe I just had a dizzy spell, but i returned to the room again a day or so later, and the second I walked in, i felt that same, overwhelming feeling again.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? It doesn't bother me or anything, but I am curious about it.

Cheers,

D...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Divers wrote:
    Ok, So I think I might be a bit mad posting here, but I've done a couple searches and couldn't really find anything like what I want to mention.

I find, that if i go into certain places, I will get quite dizzy for a few moments, then feel a very strange sensation like somebody's watching me.
    I first felt it in my great grandmothers house (who died nearly 20 years ago). The second I walk in the front door, I get quite dizzy. I first noticed it when I was about 9. This happens without fail, every time I go in. And if I walk around upstairs, into her old room, i feel it.

My parents also bought an old abandoned house in our estate that hadn't been lived in for years and years, and when I first walked in...again, i got this strange feeling.

Another time I went looking at a house for sale and the house was nice until i walked into a bedroom, and just felt like I shouldn't be there, and felt momentarily dizzy.

It happened to me most recently in work, i walked into a room that I've never been in before and got probably the strongest feeling that I'd had before, I almost had to steady myself. I walked out thinking that maybe I just had a dizzy spell, but i returned to the room again a day or so later, and the second I walked in, i felt that same, overwhelming feeling again.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? It doesn't bother me or anything, but I am curious about it.

Cheers,

D...

Hmm. I get what could be the exact same thing. I presumed this was unique to myself... What I get isn't exactly a dizzy sensation, but its very close. Its like an intense, blurry feeling, like my vision slipped into slow motion for a couple of seconds. I first noticed it when I was very young, when I was in my grandmothers house. I only ever get it when I'm in an old building or around old objects.

Now being the person I am I havn't leapt to any conclusions, being the sceptic that I am. However, there is of course a little voice that suggests this could be something interesting.

I don't get it as regularily as you, theres no place where I could say "I always get it there."

Hmm, maybe its infrasound (good old sceptical fallback.) Infrasound are sound waves that are too low to be heard with your ears, but they can cause all sorts of sensations in the human body.

I'd be very interested to hear from some believers. I'm fascinated, I've never heard of anyone getting the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

it sounds to me although you are no beliver in spirit you are very sensitive to them the only thing i can suggest is if you say (in your head or out loud) to your guides look take this away an it may help this happens quite regularly to me it is nothing to worry about it is just someone sayin "im here look at me" so dont worry about it

Glip

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ive had this too, and, being the person I am, I believe it is when you walk into an area of high 'energy', be it spirit or ley lines or whatever. Strongest was once in a temple which held the ashes of hundreds of people - it was like a slap in the face walking in and I thought Id fall over I was so dizzy. Only then did I look around and see the memorials and realise why :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I get a dizzy feeling when I walk into some shops, but being the person that I am, I always believed it was because I hate shopping :)

I think I know what people are on about though, some places you go into give you a bit of a weird feeling and things just look kind of different. I'd never really put any thought into it before, it's funny how some things just seem like 'the way things are' untill someone mentions it and brings it to your attention. I'd be inclined to put it down to some kind of air ionization (or lack thereof), of course, this could be the result of any number of normal or paranormal causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Zillah wrote:
    What I get isn't exactly a dizzy sensation, but its very close. Its like an intense, blurry feeling, like my vision slipped into slow motion for a couple of seconds.

Thats actually a better description to be honest!
    I've actually gotten quite scared once or twice, the feeling of being watched was so overwhelming!

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote:
    I think I know what people are on about though, some places you go into give you a bit of a weird feeling and things just look kind of different.

I think you under estimate the intensity of what we're talking about. In my experience, its not something that you could ignore or not notice, its quite an intense and identifiable sensation.
    Drivers wrote:
    I've actually gotten quite scared once or twice, the feeling of being watched was so overwhelming!

I've never gotten the sense of being watched with it. I just feel really aware of my surroundings during/after it. And theres no reason to be scared, its been happening to you since you were nine, I can't imagine the ghosts have been waiting this long to get you... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Zillah wrote:
    I think you under estimate the intensity of what we're talking about. In my experience, its not something that you could ignore or not notice, its quite an intense and identifiable sensation.
    I guess your probably right, my experience is very easy to dismiss and ignore, and I'd probably be less inclined to do that than yourself :)

stevenmu wrote:
    I guess your probably right, my experience is very easy to dismiss and ignore, and I'd probably be less inclined to do that than yourself :)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Yule3

I am another person who tends to get dizzy now and again, not always in the same places though. I also tend to get alot what is like vibrations going though my legs up towards my torso, sometimes I have to stamp my feet to get rid of it. It's quite a strange sensation. Although maybe this is different to what you guys are going though?

I was told by someone that you get that vibrationational (if there is a such a word?) feeling when you are connecting to the higher planes or through astral projection (although I don't do astral travel). I was also told that if you keep a certain type of crystal (I forget which at the moment) or a stone in your pocket it helps to keep you grounded.

Its what I was told anyway, not sure if I beleive it or not. Then again, a lot of strange things have happened to me.

I might try the stone thing and see if it works though. If anyone finds out more about these "Vibrations" or what they might be, feel free to let me know. I would be happy to hear peoples views on what it might be. I tried searching the net about it, but I couldn't really find anything.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

This may seem obvious:

Have you just stood up or entered a darker / brighter room when you get the dizzy feeling?

I cannot say I have really gotten what you describe above. However, sometimes when standing.. e.g. the last wedding I was at... I had the most overwhelming desire to fall down, as if my knees would bend the wrong way. I remember this happened to me years ago when I was younger in a church too. Perhaps it is just knowing that I cannot sit down until 5 minutes later when the priest has finished his sermon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thisisit1916

hi i have had dizzy spells all day every day for the past month. its feels like i have been drinking alcohol all day and its starting to worry me. i am 28 years old and i live a healthy lifestyle. i eat plenty of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water. but i notice when i go for a walk or im in a crouded place it seems to get worse. i have started a new job working on computers and i am finding it very hard to concerntrate and focus on the screens. i also find it hard to write and i also slurr my speach sometimes. people dont notice this on me but i feel rotten inside. i went to a & e and had the whole tests. bloods, blood pressure, ct scan, mri scan..the works!! and still there is nothing to report back on. its really starting to annoy me cause i just dont feel the same anymore. it feels like i am in a constant dream or something!! does anyone feel the same???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

if you get dizzy spells like that a lot, go to a doctor as it could be blood pressure or stress issues. it can take numerous tests to check properly for blood pressure. are any of you sensitive to natural magnetic radiation?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

hi i have had dizzy spells all day every day for the past month. its feels like i have been drinking alcohol all day and its starting to worry me. i am 28 years old and i live a healthy lifestyle. i eat plenty of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water. but i notice when i go for a walk or im in a crouded place it seems to get worse. i have started a new job working on computers and i am finding it very hard to concerntrate and focus on the screens. i also find it hard to write and i also slurr my speach sometimes. people dont notice this on me but i feel rotten inside. i went to a & e and had the whole tests. bloods, blood pressure, ct scan, mri scan..the works!! and still there is nothing to report back on. its really starting to annoy me cause i just dont feel the same anymore. it feels like i am in a constant dream or something!! does anyone feel the same???
    Your symptoms are too acute to be ignored or put down to something paranormal. Go back to your doctor and get them to check you out again.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement