Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 6680 PC SUITE

Options
  • 27-06-2005 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

i got the new 6680 on RTg , i have the cable and pc suite is insatled on my laptop , but it will not recognise when my phone is connected ( its not the usb port). the symbol that its connected appears on the phone . i had the 6630 and there was no problem with that. any ideas??? thnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 The Sisco Kid

Are you using the Nokia Connection Manager on the PC?
    There's a Connection Manager on the phone as well and I think the settings have to be the same on both - I'm having difficulties with this too...

Actually have now sorted it. Solution was to to delete "\Documents and Settings\(user name here)\Application Data\Nokia" before reinstalling the nokia data suite

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Had exactly the same problem today, and solved it after 10 minutes on the phone to a very helpful Scottish support guy.

The verision on the PC suite that ships with the Voda offering is 6.41.6. This includes unsigned device drivers which means you have to manually install each of the seven drivers. I had got as far as 3, and decided that the reappearing hardware wizard was an error and cancelled out. Result was that only a subset of the drivers was loaded and although the phone thought it was connected, the software could'nt see it. I'm using a USB connection on Windows XP Pro.

Nokia guy said to go to http://www.nokia.com/pcs and download version 6.5, remove 6.41.6 and install new version. Don't have the phone plugged in while you do this, there is a post-install wizard that prompts you when to connect. The drivers in 6.5 are signed apparently.

I did all this, and voila, software sees the device and I'm away.

That said, releasing software that behaves like this is pure crap IMHO.

Advertisement