Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD 2 trailer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Really should have ran trailer on a decent pc , its look ****e.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Quality is indeed poor, I'll give you that... Pity. I don't know what the slow downs are due to either... Crap PC? I'd be surprised if Activision allowed a CoD 2 demo to be released after it was played on a crappy PC... Which made me wonder: is CoD 2 going to be a game requiring a very high spec PC to run smoothly? I certainly hope not...

Anyway, even with the crap quality of the video, I have to say I thought it looked great. The attention to detail seems second to none. The environment being interactive (when the guy takes the MG and starts spraying like a looney) is a nice touch. The sound effects also seemed pretty good even though the quality of this particular video is poor.

And before I start talking about what I didn't like, can somebody tell me what that "Hold "X" (as in the Xbox gamepad "X") to swap for MP40" was all about? This seemed to be a PC version so I'm baffled... Or was it the Xbox / Xbox360 version? Or was the guy simply playing with a gamepad? :confused:

What worried me:

- At the very beginning jeeps and tanks all over the place (fine for Single Player Mode but is it going to be another "UO-style flop" for Multiplayer?)
    - When aiming down the sight, the soldier was shaking as if he had Alzheimer's à la Band of Brothers... A big no no for me that...
    - AI seemed stupid, barely putting up a fight at times. I hope this was due to playing on Very Easy Mode! And yet sometimes the Germans looked extremelly accurate with their rifles! The guy playing was hit twice as he jumped out of the window before he even hit the ground! :eek:

Basically I can't make up my mind yet. I am looking forward to CoD 2 and I am going to buy it but I'm not as excited as I was waiting for UO (learned my lesson on that one!). Can't wait for a playable demo to be release though. Hopefully in August...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I think it's a leak from a handheld camera showing the game on a Xbox360 devkit.

Since they probably don't have exact Xbox360 specs, it might exaplin the slowdowns. Call me Cpt.Obvious, It doesn't seem to me like the guy is using a mouse to aim. The aiming has the look of someone slowly pressing down on an analoge stick. Also the graphics must be too much for Xbox1 to handle. And the fact that we can't see the whole screen makes me think the video is from a camera.

Well this video is definitely from a camera recording.

As to your theory about the Xbox360, I like it... I like it a lot. And I think you may well be right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I don't know if I like it. Even though COD2 is coming out on PC, Xbox have no problems taking good PC fps games and having them all to themselves (or at least for a while). They're getting very pally with Infinity Ward IMO. I think exclusitivity will be very important again for the coming generation of consoles and they seem to be treating the PC more and more like a rival console.

I forgot to mention that since the video is from a camera, the screen must be fairly big. Since Xbox360 is all about HDTV....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Evil AvaTaR

i have watched that movie over and over and cant get enough of it, i agree it looks **** because it was recorded on a camera, but if u really look like steffano said you can see the detail and perfect dark graphics, as for what kind of computer id say yes u would need a fairly decent computer, at the least 512 ram and 128mb gfx card, but i have a gig and a half of ram and 256mb gfx card :D , so should have no probs, i agree that there was a few dodgy things like the gun going up and down .... realism also ai might need a notch but that game looks quility i think it is to be released in septemeber 24 or something, i cant wait for the demo :D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope my PC will cope with 1Gb of RAM and my good old 128Mb Ati Radeon 9500 PRO Hercules (what a name...). Fingers crossed!

I didn't buy Brothers in Arms but I did give it a try thinking it would be the "new Call of Duty" and boy, was THAT a massive let down or what??? :eek:

It looked nice I'll admit but why did all the soldiers have Alzheimer's? :confused:

We're talking about CoD 2 here LIGHTNING, not Band of Brothers! :p lol

We all have to wait for the playable demo (or the game itself) to make our minds up me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I hope the new weapons from cod:uo are in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

LIGHTNING wrote:
    As long as It has the Kar 98 I wont care! Nothing like the sound of a bolt action rifle in the morning :)

Couldnt agree with more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im sometims a bit behind the times so Ive only tried to look at this one now. But the link seems to not be working. Has it been taken down cause its a dodgy leak. Or perhaps its just the PC im using here in work atm, I might try it at home some day.

Works for me Spooky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

must be just a work thing so. Im normally only on boards during work hours. I never think of it when im home. I can play games then see.

Advertisement