Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning #4 from Boards!!!! Post here is u agree!!!!

Options
  • 12-05-2001 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I think that #4 should be banned from boards. He is an A$$hole and something should be done.

So DeVore, why don't u r 1 of the guys use ur method to do to.

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum1/HTML/001775.html
    Posted in: After Hours/ You spamming gimps are starting to annoy me

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    it takes an Admin 12 clicks of the mouse to permanently ban and deactivate persistent messers. (No typing it needed!)

Its our patented muppet-recovery program.

DeV.
    </font>

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I dont think he should be banned, yes he is an *******, and sometimes abusive, but hasent(yet) done anything serious, and even if he acts like a total muppet in IRC and to meglome, he only defended himself on the boards and has had a superiority complex.

I dont think it would be fair to ban him but then again, I'm not gona lose ne sleep if he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

He's a complete ásshole of the first order, but I don't think you can ban someone on that grounds - he doesn't spam etc.

That said, if he starts his previous antic of posting "lol" on every thread on the CS board, I'll be right there screaming for a 12 click plan to be put in place smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Snowball that's just being an *******, DNC and the CPL has nothing to do with the boards so anything done there shouldnt affect it. In reality Meglome shouldnt have posted that here but i understand him being *very* angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭[DnC]Mr.Tickle

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    Snowball that's just being an *******</font>

Your A Wan|<er Whitlance! Fuc|<in goths!

Fuc|< sa|<e! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by [DnC]Mr.Tickle (edited 12-05-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">In reality Meglome shouldnt have posted that here</font>

Balls, he has every right to do so.

• Advertisement

If you say so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭[fist]Pi$$er

Well, my opinion, It depends on the way the owners want to run boards.ie . I believe in freedom of speach, so if it was up to me, I wouldn't ban him. But having said that in the same vein I wouldnt ban people for having rascist or nazi beliefs, as long as they put forward there opinions within the context of how the boards should be run. So, basically, if you would ban someone for saying they thought an ethnic minority is inferior to white people i would ban B1337.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

Nicly said Pi$$er wink.gif

Snowball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Free Speech? ROFLOL where the hell did you get that idea? if there was Free Speech we wouldn't have moderators.

I don't think you are in much of a position to request people to be banned ... but if we can put in requests I nominate you Snowball if for no other reason than I find some of your post well annoying ... and then I'd probably nominate pi$$er and say it's because his name is offencive to my dog.

#4 hasn't behaved any worst then the majority of people on boards imho, sure his CS "lol" thing was annoying but he did stop, and snowball if you believe in freedom of speech I'll refere you back to PHB "hez defending him self", if he deserves to be banned, trust me DeVore and Co will be the first to know. They Keep a tight ship here. These boards are run by them so we can't demand anything anyway.

I don't give a damn where he is banned or if DeV hand cuffs him nake to a pole in tallaght and spray paints his ass red. I do however get annoyed at arrogant pr!cks who come along and demand that people be banned.

there is a serious elitest Attitude coming from a number of people in the CS forum, I've nothing against CS, hell me buddy OSiriS is off playing it in CPL GOOD LUCK TO HIM AND HIS CLAN TOO!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    Balls, he has every right to do so.</font>

Well lets be honest, we knew it was going to turn in to one big flame as soon as we seen it, that's my reasoning...

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">there is a serious elitest Attitude coming from a number of people in the CS forum</font>

Indeed, the number of people I've had telling me that I should lock posts, edit posts or delete posts on the grounds that folk have no right to say such things about them, or whatever... Bleh. Some nasty unfriendly attitudes towards newbies as well, which is worrying and needs to be stamped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Slightly off the topic but just a follow up to Shinji's point ... the majority of CS players are generally the newest people to the boards and they seem to act like the own it.

Well Dev has spoken ... the world will either listen or he'll wipe us all out in a giant ball of fire

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Listen to the beardy old Quake men... they've been around since the dawn of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What was actually said?

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The only reason anyone gets banned from Boards.ie is if their Boards.ie behaviour was abusive or impairing other enjoyment of Boards.ie.

If the community feels strongly about him, they can ignore him, refuse to communicate with him or toast him to a crisp. But banning him isnt the right answer.

I'd be more inclined to ban him for the "lol" thing then anything he has done lately. All that said, I think he's a dick for treating DNC with such lack of respect.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

Colm, read the "Special thanx to #4" thread in Counter strike

Snowball.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

*sigh* - This debate has been going on for some time, and sadly it's not just number Four, it usually involves all of clan Numbers... Yes people, thats #1, #2, (3 Is apparantly ok), your new found friend Number Four, and it continues (Although some of them dont even post on boards)

Those that do basically admitted that their sole purpose for joining Boards.ie in the first place was to see how many people they could píss off... Shame no-body has the URL to the thread (If it still even exists) - Anyway, they have calmed down somewhat (..barely infact) and continue to post sarky, snide, rude and pointless comments in regards to some well developed threads, or even just the plain spammy ones...

It is quite much to ask that a particular member could be banned and, yes, requests should be brought in... But if you had been around back when that clan emerged into the Irish Counter-Strike scene... You would have wanted the whole clan banned biggrin.gif

Enough, anyway...

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Altho different types of people Hendrix and Bleet are both Equally Lame in my opinion! I would have to agree with banning Bleet because he doesnt bring anything worth listening to to the boards unless your looking for insults. All he seems to be doing is giving out to people and jeering and insulting people. Hendrix did the same only went about it differently. And TBH the method Bleet uses which is the Insult and Jeer Method is even more annoying and worse than Hendrix's pester and peave methods wink.gif So YES BAN HIM! AsAP! Thanks

SpiraL

-EoT-

Citer le Cordeau "JennyRooba" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Hendrix_Nighn

Actually I prefer my way to be called the fester and leave method!
    There is no evidence of peeving here my dear, only pestering biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Bl33t was 12 clicked before was he not? Hence the '#1' appendage to his name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RopeDrink:
    *sigh* - Yes people, thats #1, #2, (3 Is apparantly ok), your new found friend Number Four, and it continues (Although some of them dont even post on boards)
    </font>
    Have to point out. Number 2 (bullit) is also well known as being sound. He was one of the GSS team that went over to the CPL. Him and 3 act nothing like the rest of their (well 3's ex) muppet clan.
    quozl

Bullit seems a bit uppity (ask rich)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I agree with quozl- Bullit is sound- if his posts seem uppity to you whitelancer- that's a clash of personalities, certainly not a banning criterion. He's more than reasonable on boards. #1 and #4 are simply trolls who prefer to do their trolling on the CS board. I have no problem with moderators deleting their posts or locking threads they start- but if the owners of boards.ie banned Bl33t#1, Bl33t#2 would be the only result. Then Bl33t#3, and so on ad infinitum.

Rope has a point about the way they emerged onto the Irish CS scene (misleading the AICSL admins as to how good they were was only the tip of the iceberg there). I'm willing to forgive and forget that though- it's long in the past- and strangely enough, #4's last few posts were approaching the "zero muppettry" stage. I think he deserves one more chance on boards if we're discussing a ban. Although to be frank, if there was some way of permanently banning him and all his aliases- I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Don't get me wrong- his inexcusable behavior with regards to the CPL makes my blood boil- I've been in the same position as meglome before, and let's be honest- meglome showed enormous restraint in his criticism of Bl33t's not turning up. Any other person would have flamed #4 to a powdered crisp, but fair play to meglome for keeping his dignity with that issue.

Although my opinion has no practical value in this discussion, I just thought I'd point out that this is hardly a black and white situation. Things appear to be looking up with regards to Bl33t, let's hope the upward spiral out of depravity continues.

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Vade Retro=

im just talking bout irc sorry, on the boards you couldnt ask for a quieter nicer person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

He's from waterford how could he not be sound. Muppets. Any the gamer p[reviously known as 3 is also cool. Excpet when he gets together with snaggle and they perform some sort of counter-strike mind meld to share secret information. Anyway yeah... I say leave him here... he provides a source of much needed humour and mischief to the cs groupies.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭TARE

Bullit #2 is indeed very sound
    and as quozl #1337 smile.gif said, verifyor #3 isn't anything like the rest of the number clan.

It's a shame #4 brings the clan down so much.

Thats a big B a small o and a big B.......

Advertisement