Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke me a kipper? Spammy little nipper

Options
  • 10-05-2001 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

This morning at about 11ish smoke me a kipper had 1000 posts now i see him posting again (hard to miss) and he has 1030. Like come on.. 30 posts in one day? and it's not just today he does it everyday. OK it's be something if his posts had any content but 99% of them are complete toss..

something has to be done.

He registered in February 2001 so thats like 300 posts a month depending on what stage in february he registered early or late..
    And as i said 99% of those are complete toss... something has to be done please

.logic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would have to agree like some people on this board are really going over the top now I no some people thing ohh its great boards is gettin so many posts a day but come on this is really gettin over the top like february and over 1000 posts. I no we all tought It was funny with richindub and Oj but ur man kipper is gettin out of hand with his 2 word posts could the admins please do somthin about this.

Thanks Crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

Whats the point, just let people do what they want. If there is spamming in a particular thread the guys are quick off the marck and they are doin good. There should be no need to put restrictions in place. That would only wreck the boards.

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Like come on.. 30 posts in one day?</font>

whats wrong with that?? i was on the boards for ages today. and it was only like 24 anyway. that is still alot, granted.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">99% of them are complete toss..</font>
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but ur man kipper is gettin out of hand with his 2 word posts</font>

i only really post 'lol' or ' smile.gif' or something like that on the humour board. i mean, what am i expected to say?? why exactly i enjoyed the joke maybe??
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">depending on what stage in february he registered early or late</font>

i registered FEB 1st.

look, i've gotten eneough **** from people complaining about my posting. if i'll stop yer whinging, i'll only post proper posts, that actually go somewhere, are not just 'spam spam spam spam' type posts and arn't just 'lol' or ' smile.gif'

are ye happy now ffs??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't really pay attention to the post counter anymore.

I'm taking a wild guess but I think my post per month average is about 138 (possibly a lot lower as I'm basing that on 3 years).

Using that rule he would have close to 11,000 posts if he started same time as me. So yes it is excessive.

Anyone who has to post a reply to a joke with just LOL is a muppet. If you have something constructive to say, say it. If you don't then don't post.

Certainly an option on the boards beside thier name to tell you that most of thier posts are crap so you can skip over them, or just an ignore option so they can spam to thier hearts content (although I tend not to like this, as even a muppet says something worthwhile once in a blue moon).

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Well is is not just Smoke me a kipper, there seem to be alot of new muppets on the scene now, I dont even wanna think what my average is over the last 3 years or so wink.gif
    but its no where near what they are posting in a day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

24 posts a day? c'mon that not really that much tbh.
    I mean theres 25 main boards.. theres at least that again in the community section now.
    Hell thats not even one post per board.

Obviously if its just "lol" and **** like that then its pointless and that person will just end being ignored for the most part, but I think ppl are unfairly singling out smk due to some postcount jealousy or something ridiculous like that.. i mean theres much worse posters on these boards wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Ok now hear this kipper is ok he post a lot yes but he has promised to me not to spam again and i belive him. He wanted to reach no life which he did so his quest is done and a lot of his posts were on trolls question and answers so that aint too bad just leave it be if he starts spamming again ill hit him but i know he wont hes a good little boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Smoke-me-a-kipper does no harm, but how about banning Joe22 for being a complete fu<kwit in the Technology forum?

He's trolling now really, ignoring people when they point out what $hite he's talking and generally being a vvanker.

If he can't be banned surely he should at least be suspended upside down in a vat of warm marmalade for a while smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<EDIT>

I agree with Castor Troy

</EDIT>

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 11-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'm disagreeing with castor simply because he disagreed with me. But if we can come to a compromise and do something about both smak and joe22 then I'd be more than happy.
    As your quite right joe22 is a w4nker.

.logic.

• Advertisement

logic, baby, you and I seem to exsist purely to disagree with one another wink.gif

ok, i've done no one any harm since i joined. i havn't started flames against, or givin' anyone abuse. you should concentrate your efforts on the real muppets who just go out of their way to cause trouble and generally make browsing the boards difficult.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 11-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Why ciaran i think you have a point ther

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Smoke-me-a-kipper does no harm, but how about banning Joe22 for being a complete fu<kwit in the Technology forum?

He's trolling now really, ignoring people when they point out what $hite he's talking and generally being a vvanker.

If he can't be banned surely he should at least be suspended upside down in a vat of warm marmalade for a while smile.gif
    </font>

HOW WARM?

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

I have alot of posts in a month, i dont think any of my stuff is considered "spam" but is it? if so i will stop it just tell me

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I think the odd one or two "muppets" can sometimes make boards a more interesting place to post on smile.gif. Having said that I don’t relay think SMAK is too bad he dose post a lot but as it says under his name maybe he just has “no life” lets not deprive him of what little bit of a life he’s found for himself here on boards. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Doc (edited 21-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

But there is SMAK AND GMAH and now theres some other guy "Deep fry...." something like that. There is just way too much spam on some boards. I don't really care whether or not they r the same person, arguments just break out and ppl get off the subject COMPLETELY! Something has 2 b done.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHAMAN:
    But there is SMAK AND GMAH and now theres some other guy "Deep fry...." something like that. There is just way too much spam on some boards. I don't really care whether or not they r the same person, arguments just break out and ppl get off the subject COMPLETELY! Something has 2 b done.</font>

firstly, "grill-me-a-haddock" and "deep-fat-fry-me-a-quail" are NOT me. and secondly arguments are not going to break out. i really don't care about all these psuedo s-m-a-k's. actually it's quite flattering. so i'm not going to give out **** about them.

also, i case you havn't noticed, there has been a massive drop in my posting after i said i was giving up spam. so if these clowns want to spam, don't group them together with me, just because they have psuedo s-m-a-k names.

also, i think this topic is just stupid. i mean ffs. don't ye have anything better to do, then give out about me. am i really affecting your lives THAT much?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 21-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

hmm im going to post a sensible thingy now ok...

i thinks its all meaningless fun.

so what if coaran wants to waste his life on boards.ie cmon lads i think some of ye agree with me? if thats what he wants to do then let him its up to him really what he does for his life ehh?!! well i say et his muppetry continue cos i like some of his posts they r funny.. like ye never laughed at what he says?

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

READ MY POST SMAK!!I said I didn't care whether ur all 3 ppl!I just said that someone ought 2 get their act 2gether

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHAMAN:
    READ MY POST SMAK!!I said I didn't care whether ur all 3 ppl!I just said that someone ought 2 get their act 2gether</font>

the someone is not me. i got my act together!

-Nietzsche</font>

Alright... rolleyes.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadBankClerk:
    lol smile.gif

i think this thread is a wee bit silly. ciaran hasn't posted excessivly in weeks. the last time he was spamming was at the last planet cs lan, when he didnt play cs. he just posted on boards. about 70 posts in one night if i remember correctly.
    </font>

i think over 4 days i got 300 posts of spam. frown.gif

pathetic really.

-Nietzsche</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

ADMIN PEOPLE : what about the rate member hack for UBB ? might be interesting to see how people react.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    i registered FEB 1st.

are ye happy now ffs??
    </font>

well yes.
    that was my birthday smile.gif

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline;
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles

It's angry creatures u dolt(and y didn't u reply 2 my saving of DK3 topic hmmmm?)

Would any of the admin people mind finding out who grill-me-a-haddock, deep-fat-fry-me-a-quail and flash-fry-me-a-conger-eel are from their IP's. If they are posting from a similar IP as myself, then i'll know who they are, but if not, can you find out whothey are. please. i thank you.

and WWM, smile.gif nice one! not too far away from my b-day either.

-Nietzsche</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Did I miss the bit where somebody calls for Castor Troy to be banned? I love that bit.

I think a lot of these percieved problems is a lack of knowledge. I think the boards has got to the stage where it needs a general FAQ on how to behave and what is and what is not tolerated. That way at least some newbies would read it not behave like muppets.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

Not to mention that a quail isn't a bird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ban Castor Troy! cool.gif

- Munch

Advertisement