Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe22

• 11-05-2001 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Can we please have this retard banned? He's doing nothing now but starting flame wars in Technology, despite constantly saying 'not to start a flame'.

Anyone who agrees post in here - it's got to be most everyone who reads Technology by now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think we should ban castor troy he has to many posts down with CASTOR I mean joe22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

amen borther
    i tryed to ignore him but he does display his ignorance and muppetry in a very unpleasent fashion
    icon33.gificon13.gif down with joe22 icon13.gificon33.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crash&Burn:
    I think we should ban castor troy he has to many posts down with CASTOR I mean joe22</font>

crash ur just a newbie
    sit down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Don't mind Crash, strata, he's just pi$$ing about smile.gif If banning is too much, perhaps people who post in Technology occasionally could moderate it - I haven't seen Koopa in there in years, and Kali is also fairly rare I think.

Someone like Gerry who's in there a fair bit could do a better job of cutting out the $hite that this fool is putting up constantly - 300 posts in the last couple of weeks ffs rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Joe22 needs to calm the hell down, stop flaming people unnecessarily, and take constructive criticism on board. If he can't do all that he shouldn't really be here.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Yes Gerry, is fair and knowledgable in the ways of computing and is also a frequent reader.
    VOTE GERRY FOR MODERATOR

yep
    Gerry is kewl
    always posts intersting and factual stuff anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Don't mind Crash, strata, he's just pi$$ing about smile.gif If banning is too much, perhaps people who post in Technology occasionally could moderate it - I haven't seen Koopa in there in years, and Kali is also fairly rare I think.
    </font>

err who the hell do you think is cleaning up joes mess at the moment? and all the other muppets who proceed to jump down ppls throats everytime they say something wrong.

this is coming from someone who never posts in Technology himself??

glad my effort goes completly unnoticed. ffs like ive deleted and edited his posts way too many times.

I'm not on for one day and **** like this gets posted. cheers CT.

as for Joe I've warned him time and time and again as well as have the other Tech posters yet he still hasn't got the hint, I hope someone who can will get rid of him.

I'd personally like to see another active moderator on this board though, it is a tough one, I don't like having to close informative threads just because some posters decide to turn it into a flame.

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 11-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I'm with kali on this one just recently I complained about advertising on the technology board and he responded fairly rapidly, true to say my complaint was unjustified, as permission had been granted, but he dealt with it swiftly, and castor on your very own boards I've seen you more than once entertain a bit of spam and even partake, and if there's one place I hate spam its on the humanities board, so a bit of perspective here people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well how about giving him another chance smile.gif
    at time's his post's are quite good and decent post's
    and give a good point at time's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

yes down with Joe22, Up with Gerry......and if he doesn't want to Admin........I do smile.gif

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Take all the post points off first see what happens, could be just a spamming ho to get a nice title (whats the point?)
    IF he does not get the message get Dev to perform that "12 Click" procedure (hope thats the right ammount wink.gif)

Hes a prat, got my cage rattled reading his posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

First of all, apologies for posting a pic (blatent flame) in one of those topics, but as leverz said that muppet just rattles my cage.
    As one of the 'other people' that Kali was referring to, I really dont feel that i have spammed the tech board in the past. Joe22 just rubs me up the wrong way, and i can see im not alone. So sorry agin for making work for yis.

Lads theres always going to be ppl who are uninformed muppets who do stupid posts, but cancelling their accounts won't stop this... you either ignore them or you end up ruining the threads for everyone else who is actually interested.

It seems to be the latter thats happening over and over on Technology... grow up lads.

All i'm seeing is "haha your a muppet. your wrong" posts all the time, real mature way of dealing with things.

Would you have them cancel everyones account who doesnt have a clue and cant spell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i dont understand where all this started but if you dont like some poster just ignore them..less agro eh?
    smile.gif

Thats the exact problem chernobyl.. a lot of people haven't learnt that skill yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StrataGIST:

crash ur just a newbie
    sit down
    </font>

LOL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif, Dude thats not very nice.

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Kali i meant koopa sorry, ive never seen him post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

i know you all love me, deep down inside

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
    err who the hell do you think is cleaning up joes mess at the moment? and all the other muppets who proceed to jump down ppls throats everytime they say something wrong.

this is coming from someone who never posts in Technology himself??

glad my effort goes completly unnoticed. ffs like ive deleted and edited his posts way too many times.

I'm not on for one day and **** like this gets posted. cheers CT.

as for Joe I've warned him time and time and again as well as have the other Tech posters yet he still hasn't got the hint, I hope someone who can will get rid of him.

I'd personally like to see another active moderator on this board though, it is a tough one, I don't like having to close informative threads just because some posters decide to turn it into a flame.

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 11-05-2001).]
    </font>

Sorry Kali I'm not trying to slag you off as a moderator or anything, just that up to yesterday I had never seen a post from Joe22 edited or deleted after it had been posted and read.

I know I don't post in Technology a lot, but I do read it and Joe22 is coming out with some complete $hite. Koopa never posts there that I can see so I meant (as you say) that another active moderator might be an idea - I didn't mean that you weren't doing anything about it.

Sorry about that.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 12-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StrataGIST:

crash ur just a newbie
    sit down
    </font>
    blow it out ur ass strat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Gerry

I wouldn't mind moderating it along with kali. I don't think kali does a bad job, its just he's not used to having so much muppetry to deal with. 2 moderators for it would be grand.

This is what now constitutes a 'reply' from Joe22:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">well maybe you dumb mother****ers should go to the odtr site and download the full ****ing doc before talking crap.
    SO YOUR SAYING LLU DOESNT MEAN WE WILL GET FULL FLAT RATE INTERNET. then what the **** have all these guys here been *****ing about for weeks. what about the eu directives,
    what will LLU mean then smart ass, inlighten me you stupid ****ing muppet

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 14-05-2001).]

</font>

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, im not excactly over taxed moderating the work board so i could help if you want.
    mind you, im sure bugler will pipe up with something about me being a bad moderator since i post to the humanities board
    /me shrugs
    just a suggestion

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Kali,
    You're efforts havent gone unnoticed. I dont get time to post much these days but I still keep a close eye on the hotspots.
    All the same another active moderator might not be a bad idea to lighten the load.

Tech is our second busiest board so it makes sense to have a few moderators that we know and trust on it.

I've stuck Gerry in (on the strength of his acceptance here!). Sorry about the surprise Gerry but you did offer smile.gif

Good work lads, and if Mr Joe22 doesnt start to behave himself I'll wade in.

Joe22, please play nice with others.

DeV.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just out of courisoty, what's the biggest and most active board ?

I'd hazard a guess that at the moment CS is the most active board.
    Quake is still the biggest board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

What's the CS board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

rolleyes.gif

Look at the list of boards, Shaman... which one has the initials "C.S." ? ...

Theeeerrre ya gooooooo smile.gif

Bard
    "If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bang on the money Kali,
    CounterStrike is the busiest board (at the weirdest hours too!)

Quake is obviously the biggest but HL and CS added together arent far off.

I'd hazard a guess that Humour has the most new topics a day though as there tends not to be huge long threads.

DeV.

Advertisement