Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your A Bold Amp!!

• 28-06-2005 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hey

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my guitar amp!. When its switched on it lets out a constant buzzing noise from the speaker, and when low notes are played on the guitar, the amp crackles!

This is a big problem because when I am recording myself, all of thes noises are recorded too!!

So if anyone has any DIY tips on what I could do, or if they no any good amp repair men, please contact me at: fergferg79@yahoo.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There are numbers for repairmen in the Instrument Resources sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

It might help if you let us know what make and model the amp is....If it's solid state it could be a blown/punctured speaker (probably caused by clipping) or if it's valve based, they could be cooked.....

More info please,

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fergferg79

Hi

Its a 'Fender Deluxe 112 plus'. Im not sure if its a valve amp or what, I got it from a friend. Whats clipping?

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

fergferg79 wrote:
    When its switched on it lets out a constant buzzing noise from the speaker

1) Stop strumming!

2) What about trying different leads? i.e. guitar to amp... perhaps you are using a dodgy one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Read through the Fender Forum, you'll find a wealth of information there.

• Advertisement

Nope, not the leads, Ive used several different ones. Not the guitar either!

It's a transistor amp, afaik, so maybe it's an issue with the circuit board or the capacitor.

Did you blast it? Did you ever drop it?

Never been dropped as far as I know. ''Did I ever blast it''?? What are amps for???

True, but believe me, there is such a thing as amplifier rape. :)

I dont think this is a DIY job, tbh...you'll have to get the circuit board diagnosed by a pro. Get the contact details in the sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Firstly, dont electrocute yourself.....
    If you can disassemble the amp evough to get a good look at the front of the speaker you could at least tell if there is obvious damage to teh speaker (ie a tear in the speaker cone). If so you could replace teh speaker.

Look and see if any wires are loose or otherwise damaged.

Other than that, as Ancient1 said above its probably a job for a pro.

• Advertisement

Thanks everybody!

Advertisement