Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Support

Options
  • 28-06-2005 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey,
    I run an Apartment complex and have IBB suppling internet and a network that was thrown in when th place was built. IBB don't want to have anything to do with the network and I'm now having trouble with it, can anyone point me in the direction of someone that can fix it up for me?

I tried google but found nothing of use! :S

Cheers!
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

How big is the network?
    Did IBB maintain it before or did they just set it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Belfry

IBB just supply a cable & router from there gear on the roof, the network was put in by another crowd when the place was built.

The network consists of the IBB Router which leads to a primary switch that feeds my first build of 11 Connection points(which are feed over phone wire and then hit a Cisco LRE at each point where the user then plugs in a ethernet cable). This primary switch also feeds 2 other switches that each feed 12 more connection points. There is no server or anything other than the router, 3x switches, 35x Cisco LREs and a lot of wire!

I need a company or person that can come out and fix two points that are dead and a general problem where the connect seems to drop for no reason and we sometimes get Ip conflicts even though its DHCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sounds a bit much for me to just jump into, I'm just gettin started.
    I'd advise you to post in the Soc>>work section though. You'll probably have better luck looking for somebody.

Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Might be able to help out depending on schedule this week

Does the connection drop on all points or just the 2 dodgy ones , also are the residents under any guidelines for use or can they plug any machine into the networks points ?

Wiring is standard 4 core telephone from between the switches

Someone may be dhcping out their own connection through their own and its sending the same ips? ?

can you pm or post what you have tried so far as a guideline

Advertisement