Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB SIAC Brilliant in the last 2 days

• 28-06-2005 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

I've noticed since yesterday that my 1MB 8:1 connection has changed as of yesterday.

I was am on the SIAC highsite and was getting upto 20% packet loss and ping times to boards.ie in the 200 to 300ms range.

Now a few weeks ago, I was told that I'd be put on a new high site in July and be upgraded to the 3MB 24:1 connection in or around the same time. I'm still waiting for confirmation to see if that is the reason for my great connection at the moment

I'm now in single digit ping response times to boards.ie. As I type, Ping Plotter is reporting 7ms round trip with 0% packet loss. I also have 1.48Mbps d/l and 5.99Mbps u/l.

To say that I'm happy would be an understatement.
    Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

"New site", in my opinion, means "new line of sight/direction". Did somebody come out to re-position your radio?

Perhaps they doubled the bandwidth by installing a second mast? I know they have 2 masts now at the Guinness site for example. It doesn't resolve any problem, but they have 2 anyway...

Just cherish it while it lasts IrishTLR. Because you can never know how long it will last with IBB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

IrishTLR, I too am on SIAC and also been having major problems over the last few weeks. I was also promised a new High Site a few weeks ago.

I noticed last night that pings suddenly dropped to a reasonable level and my 20% packet loss dissappeared. Maybe they have finally sorted the problem. I will have a good test tonight when I get home.

No one came out and re-pointed my antenna so I'm not sure what exactly they did, or how long it will last, but heres hoping....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

they probably put up a new reciever there, doubling capacity. Half the customers on the site were probably moved to the new reciever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

The most likely reason seems to be what Steff and Mutant said as no one came out to my office and fiddled with my ariel either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

IrishTLR wrote:
    I've noticed since yesterday that my 1MB 8:1 connection has changed as of yesterday.

I was am on the SIAC highsite and was getting upto 20% packet loss and ping times to boards.ie in the 200 to 300ms range.

Now a few weeks ago, I was told that I'd be put on a new high site in July and be upgraded to the 3MB 24:1 connection in or around the same time. I'm still waiting for confirmation to see if that is the reason for my great connection at the moment

I'm now in single digit ping response times to boards.ie. As I type, Ping Plotter is reporting 7ms round trip with 0% packet loss. I also have 1.48Mbps d/l and 5.99Mbps u/l.

To say that I'm happy would be an understatement.
    Anyone else?

Is your upload really that fast?!?!?!?

Do a speed test or something as that upload is completely off the charts!!!!

• Advertisement

Yes my upload is really that fast today. I always run the http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/ speed tests almost every day.

It's gone down to about 4Mb at the moment but I always hammer my internet connection in the office with VPN and VoIP usage.

Great specs for a single user office :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Irish, how's your connection ATM? Mine still seems to be as crap as ever. Still getting 20% loss at least to everywhere and pings still in the hundreds. Although my upload speed is about 2Mb according to irishisptest which is about as useless as a chocolate teapot because I don't upload a great deal.

Still no response to any of my emails and still no promised call.

I'm at hom at the moment, but when I left the office at 5:30 it was the same as the last few days. Brilliant :)

Well, slightly higher pings. I now get between 10ms to 20 ms to boards.ie :)

Advertisement