Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Cork 4

Options
  • 28-06-2005 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Just want to get the ball rolling on this one. A few non-cork people have expressed interest in joining us, possibly.

First Saturday in July suit people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was wondering when adam would surface from the muddy fields of Glastonbury to start this thread as usual!

Would Friday be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dudara wrote:
    I was wondering when adam would surface from the muddy fields of Glastonbury to start this thread as usual!

Would Friday be better?

I'm thinking that people would find Saturday easier if they were travelling down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

As in this Saturday?

I'd personally prefer Friday, I really dislike town on Saturday nights. Eughhh!

Also, it's traditionally been Friday, hasn't it?

/btw: Those foreigners travelling to the true capital will have to adopt our customs :)

Still though, whatever the majority decides

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

dudara wrote:
    I'd personally prefer Friday, I really dislike town on Saturday nights. Eughhh!

Also, it's traditionally been Friday, hasn't it?

/btw: Those foreigners travelling to the true capital will have to adopt our customs :)

Still though, whatever the majority decides

true capital, get a hold of yourself! :D

• Advertisement

D-Generate wrote:
    As in this Saturday?

No it'd be Saturday week at the earliest.

Hmm, I'm just throwing out ideas here btw. I'm happy with Fridays, just might make it tough on ppl travelling is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Hmmmm saturday. better than getting home on friday evening and being too bloody tired to take on a marathon drinking session. (no.. I'm not old but I am getting there).

I suppose if there was going to be volumes travelling down for it it'd make sense to have it on a Saturday. Aren't all the jackeen beers on a saturday anyway? We have to conform..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Leaving for NY on Thursday so il miss this one too angry-smiley-010.gif
    I'll make cork beers 5 i hope. Unless a random twist of fate happens again.

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Sure have a vote.

ahh but that'd be democracy. What we need is a dictator.. some handsome chap or chapette that can grow a devilish goatee and pass down authoritive communique to the minions via a loudspeaker or series of same.

• Advertisement

a devilish goatee and loudspeaker you say...

/reaches for black marker.

curse you and your dudararaish doodlement! Nothing but genuine hair shall suffice. To that end I suggest you begin a harsh course of hormones post haste!

mutter *bugger* mutter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

rymus wrote:
    ahh but that'd be democracy. What we need is a dictator.. some handsome chap or chapette that can grow a devilish goatee and pass down authoritive communique to the minions via a loudspeaker or series of same.

LOL - thank god i wont be there. Have the goatee just dont picture myself pished atop a table with a loud speaker and a pint in the other hand,or do i :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If its on Friday (1st) I'd have to head off at around 7.30 (maybe strech it till 8) as there are goodbye drinks for a friend from work. For that reason I'd prefer Saturday because I'd hate to leave when the nights just getting started.

I was envisioning it happening on Friday the 8th or Saturday the 9th. To give ppl time to get time off etc.

I will however be out for a pint or two on Friday the first anyways. No idea where yet, but if anyone wants to meet up just text me or if you don't have my number, pm me and I'll give it to you.

A poll could work....

Anyone got venues to propose? I liked the Well the last time. The beer garden rocked :)

in line with the communist regime, I say the Well or be damned!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

dudara wrote:
    It was an initiative test. Nesf wins the prize; or rather he won the prize last time. Boom Boom!

I was going to hold off posting until Monday and hope people wouldn't notice. I can't do this Saturday anyway as I have a house party to go to, and I wouldn't be mad about tomorrow as it's too short notice and my system needs another few days to recover.

It's traditionally been Friday at 5pm to trick people into coming straight from work, so their inhibitions disappear nice and early. This has met with mixed success, in that the aim is achieved, but I'm usually so locked by then all the uninhibited stuff flies right over my head. As usual.

My vote would be for next Friday at 5pm in the Well, let the foreigners take a half day and toddle in a bit later when we'll be tipsy enough to make the introductions a pleasurable affair.

I can accomodate three people in my gaff btw. As long as they're from Cork. And female. And single. And willing. And able.

adam

The weekend of the 8th/9th July is out for me, as I am taking me wee sister to oxegen for the Satuday.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

the 9th, I might just make it, I've the Irish Youth Choir all week, but as far as I know the concert in Kilkenny is at 1pm, and I've to go home early from the afters party anyway cause I'm going to Milan on Sunday morning, but I could show my face!!

• Advertisement

Eh, on consideration...

We're small enough and closely knit enough to just randomly appear in a bar if others were wanting to come down for a pint or such.

Friday the 8th it is then. :)

Well sounds good too. :)

*doffs cap to the redoubtable master*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Gets my vote of approval

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nesf, I hope some of those people coming from outside the Republic are single females. We're starting to run low here.

adam

desssssssperado... why dont you come to your senses....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Aaahhh... I'm missing it again!!! I'll be in Waterford - BB5 better be the best one EVER!!!

rymus wrote:
    desssssssperado... why dont you come to your senses....

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CuriousGirl

dahamsta wrote:
    Nesf, I hope some of those people coming from outside the Republic are single females. We're starting to run low here.

adam

How about just getting to know the ones that are here?

How about just getting to know the ones that are here?

Have you been to a Boards Beer? There ain't that many females to start with and those that attend are pretty much all spoken for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, ya never know what might happen... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CuriousGirl

dudara wrote:
    Have you been to a Boards Beer? There ain't that many females to start with and those that attend are pretty much all spoken for.

No, but I only registered this week. Which means I don't know anyone online here much, not to mind IRW (but there are folks on here I could swear I know, or know friends of friends; Cork's small enough for that!). Not mad keen on RW before know ppl well anyway (cf thread started by me elsewhere).

Advertisement