Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Cork 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dudara wrote:
    Have you been to a Boards Beer? There ain't that many females to start with and those that attend are pretty much all spoken for.

Well to be fair, there aren't that many men either. There's quite a high female to male ratio at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Which means I don't know anyone online here much

There's an amazingly easy way to fix that situation. Now if only I could remember what the solution is...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

BTW, if ye're serious about making BBC5 in August a mainstream Boards Beer, now's the time to start organising it. At the very least someone, uh, popular and, uh, eager* will need to start a thread in System > Events to get the juices flowing. Maybe push it as The First Big Boards Beer Outside Dublin or something.

We'll also need to figure out a venue that'll work for both possibilities: i.e. tons of people showing up, or just the usual half dozen. The Well - most places in fact - won't work because they start packing up at <8pm on a Saturday (it'll have to be on a Saturday) and people won't be able to filter into a group. The Tower would be perfect, but of course if it rains we'd be screwed.

We'd also need people to take charge of creating threads about travelling to and from Cork, where to stay, etc. Be nice if we could organise a few bits and bobs for the craic too, wee competitions or a gathering in Fitzgerald's Park on Sunday, things like that.

adam

* I.E. not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

dahamsta wrote:
    At the very least someone, uh, popular and, uh, eager* will need to start a thread in System > Events to get the juices flowing.

* I.E. not me.

Do any of us qualify under that criteria?

dudara wrote:
    Do any of us qualify under that criteria?
    Probably not both at the same time...

• Advertisement

I'll do it!

Ohh wait I'm not popular...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

dahamsta wrote:
    Probably not both at the same time...

LOL. True, so true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

so have ye any date set yet....9th and 10th are out for me..away in tullamore for the weekend im afraid.

I think we agreed on next Friday the 8th for BBC4. Dunno about BBC5, but I'd suggest mid-month.

adam

so is it definately tomorrow then?

if so.. "curses" (exclaimed in a cartoon character fashion). Heading to Waterford tomorrow evening for some tall ships action. If it's saturday, I'll see ye saturday

• Advertisement

I've pencilled it in for tomorrow on my hectic social calander.

Won't be out till 8ish. Will want to get home after work and chill for a bit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm free both nights so I'm easy

Well, cheap...

I wasn't going to go, but if it's only going to be the two of ye I'd feel guilty!

JohnK wrote:
    I'm free both nights so I'm easy

So I've heard ;)

Yeah, saturday night would be fine for me. Didn't have anything planned for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

what frequency, or bar, is bbc4 on

So, whats the plan then? Is it tonight or tomorrow night?

I'm not really in the mood today, truth be told, and I have the youngfella tomorrow so that's out.

adam

Eh people are we drinking tonight or what's the story?

Doesn't look like it. I'm in a mood anyway, you don't want to drink with me!

dahamsta wrote:
    Doesn't look like it. I'm in a mood anyway, you don't want to drink with me!

Doesn't bother me mate. I'm fairly tired anyways.

:)

• Advertisement

I actually changed my mind about 9pm, which is the opposite of what usually happens. (Fancy a pint at teatime, begin to wonder if it's worth it on the way to the pub.) But then going to the pub at 9pm on a Friday would be suicide.

Sure ye can all* come to my gaff for "dwinks and nibbles" some evening, I haven't had a housewarming yet. There's vodka for the psychos, whiskey for the afficionados, and I believe there's even a few beers in the fridge!

adam

*And by "all" I mean the people I've met!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Thanks for the invite adam but I won't be i ncork for while

yours Joe.

nice disclaimer there... wouldnt want 3,000 people turning up. One might have to open a second bag of salted peanuts.

Salted? What do you think I'm running here, a bloody hotel?

sorry master... I'll bring my own salt :(

Well, fancy that :eek:
    We'll have to get his autograph next time we meet!

Advertisement