Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

file types uploadable to member webspace

• 29-05-2001 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

first of all: can you make the size bigger? - i upload all images i use in posting to www.boards.ie/members/deadbankclerk and now im full, and places like lycos and fortuncities and geotcities etc.. dont let you link to images on their servers.

secondly, what types of files are we allowed upload to members webspace? i tried to uplaod a java archive (.jar) and it wasnt allowed, either was a .wav file i tried to upload yesterday (is this due to copright infingment?)

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    "It's like soccer" said Dr. Teeth

[This message has been edited by DeadBankClerk (edited 29-05-2001).]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

File types can be allowed on a case by case basis. I'll add .wav and .jar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

yay...

if i want anymore ill troll this thread back up =)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

also could you allow .JPG aswell please smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

JPG is already allowed.

- Munch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

DBC- get an IOL or eircom webspace account ~20 megs afaik - yes i know they are the devil incarnate between them, but there is no bullsheet with banners and not linking images- just simple ftp. I have 20 megs on IOL which i find invaluable for upping pics, and bringing my cfg to lans n stuff smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Last time I tryied ( less than 2 weeks ago)
    it said "invailed file type."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StrataGIST:
    get an IOL or eircom webspace account ~20 megs afaik - just simple ftp.
    </font>

i do my spamming from behind lots of firewalls and proxies and all this kinda **** which basically means you have to be a unix geek to connect to anything (napster, ftp etc..)

i use boards webspace becase of the web based ftp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

afaik dbc the lasttime i checked eircom used a web-based upload think like the boards- check it

But I think you have to have an Eircom IP now,
    new security scheme they put in a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yep, eircom won't allow you to upload to their webserver unless you're on an eircom IP.

- Munch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StrataGIST:
    DBC- get an IOL or eircom webspace account ~20 megs afaik - yes i know they are the devil incarnate between them
    </font>

LOL just use hypermart...50 megs of space...thats where I've uploaded most of my images to...the rest are on tripod(shudder)

It is not a fairytail. It is truth

www.scifi-meshes.com

Advertisement