Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim-free mobiles

Options
  • 28-06-2005 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭

My phone seems to be dying a death - it's about 1 year old and my first mobile (lived in the States for a good while after college and never needed one over there). I want to keep my number and contacts, which I assume means I need to keep the sim (Meteor pay as you go customer, BTW). How expensive are the base models sim-free? All I want is the ability to make and receive calls and send and receive texts, don't want anything else (or at least I don't want to pay for anything else!), camera, etc etc... I always see great deals in ads and such, but they seems to be for new customers only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,964 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ionapaul wrote:
    My phone seems to be dying a death - it's about 1 year old and my first mobile (lived in the States for a good while after college and never needed one over there). I want to keep my number and contacts, which I assume means I need to keep the sim (Meteor pay as you go customer, BTW). How expensive are the base models sim-free? All I want is the ability to make and receive calls and send and receive texts, don't want anything else (or at least I don't want to pay for anything else!), camera, etc etc... I always see great deals in ads and such, but they seems to be for new customers only.
    as a meteor customer you can upgrade, you pay the same price for the phone as pay as you go and get €100 phone credit. You keep your current sim card

look here http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/ourphones.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

They are usually about 3-5times the cost of a PAYG, but if your interested I have a nokia 3310 sim free that I will happily sell to you for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

I think you are talkin about €150ish for a sim-free but you don't hevae to do that . . . You can get a new contract with either O2 or Vodafone and keep your Meteor number . . they can also transfer all of your contact details accross to your new sim card . . It means you would have to sign a one-year contract but depending on your usage, this might be the best option for you .. .

Advertisement