Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please lock the "question, answer" topic in trolls!

• 30-05-2001 2:10pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please could you lock/delete the topic in the troll
    http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum22/HTML/000123.html

It's just total an utter cap WhiteLancer and Smoke-me-a-kipper are posting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

just dont read it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

why do you read trolls at all??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Because you reply to it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So?

None of us are curing cancer here....
    Why are you so offended by it?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Would you prefer people spammed in real posts and threads?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Is there a need for people to spam in the first place?

And maybe if they did spam other topic's maybe they'll be notice, and they'll relise how bad the spam looks, and then maybe stop smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    Would you prefer people spammed in real posts and threads?
    </font>

I think people would prefer if you didn't spam at all. Spamming is not trolling. Actually spamming is sadder then trolling as it shows you have no imagination, where as a Troll writes to create replies.

Lets be honest Whitelancer, you really don't have a case. Especially with posts like these.
    smoke, how bout me you and rich just spam boards at the planet? With 3 people, 1 post a minute, 8 hours = 1600 posts of ph33rsome spam </font>

Oh yea, just look at pages 23, 23,24 of that thread and you'll see how pathetic you's look. Even Richindub thought you's were sad and he's king of the Trolls.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 30-05-2001).]

rofl
    Well spotted Hobbles wink.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Oh yea, just look at pages 23, 23,24 of that thread and you'll see how pathetic you's look. Even Richindub thought you's were sad and he's king of the Trolls.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 30-05-2001).]
    </font>

Sad and pathetic is having 5000 real posts Hobbes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Sad and pathetic is having 5000 real posts Hobbes.</font>

Have to disagree with that one. Having 5,000 real posts means you actually had something worthwhile to say the best part of 5,000 times. Having a couple of thousand complete spam posts, on the other hand, means you're a twat.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

This from a man who has 1395 posts in six months rolleyes.gif

Hobbes has been here since this board started, which is about three years now if memory serves - you'd have over 8000 posts by now if you been on as long - however most of Hobbes' posts have been at least semi-interesting.

In conclusion, shut up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I always wonder why whitelancer makes a fool of him self god the lad should lose that temper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadBankClerk:
    why do you read trolls at all??</font>

thats exactly how i feel. i mean does ANYONE actually take trolls seriously??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Apparently yes.

And you were so close to 1000 posts on it, before it was locked.

What difference does how many posts a person have make anyway? Apart from the "nifty" title system, it really doesn't serve much of a purpose.

LOL. Everyone already explained why that comment was stupid. smile.gif

I think the boards have been around longer then 3 years. I've been in the US 3 years (end of next month) and they were around a while before I came here.

LOL. Everyone already explained why that comment was stupid. smile.gif

I think the boards have been around longer then 3 years. I've been in the US 3 years (end of next month) and they were around a while before I came here.
    </font>
    No actually they didnt explain how it was stupid, just that i spammed a few hundred posts and yours are all real.
    That has nothing to do with what i said.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Have to disagree with that one. Having 5,000 real posts means you actually had something worthwhile to say the best part of 5,000 times. </font>
    That doesnt dispute it, just says all your posts are real.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This from a man who has 1395 posts in six months

Hobbes has been here since this board started, which is about three years now if memory serves - you'd have over 8000 posts by now if you been on as long - however most of Hobbes' posts have been at least semi-interesting.

In conclusion, shut up.
    </font>
    He says i would have more posts than you if i joined when you did and yet ignores the fact that a 1/4 of my posts are on trolls.

So no-one said it wasnt sad and pathetic just that spamming is stupid mmmk.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    It was locked because it was discussed by the admins and we thought it might be straining the machine. We've had UBB fall over because of super long threads (any one remember Blades attempt to get the longest thread?) before.

It wasnt planned to stop it before 1000, but thats the way it happened.

DeV.
    </font>

I've never seen a thread over 100 on any ubb forum.
    Vbulletin however,
    http://pirate.planetarion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=183168d0b8ac0cd8caf782956c68923f&threadid=38021
    http://pirate.planetarion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=183168d0b8ac0cd8caf782956c68923f&threadid=5904

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

And to think, I'm the Mod that sent that thread to the Trolls in the first place curlydav.gif

I think we should kill Ser cause he started it... tongue.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

No actually they didnt explain how it was stupid, just that i spammed a few hundred posts and yours are all real.</font>

"Math is hard"

If I was to start posting the same time as you I would based on my current average have roughtly 860 posts (approx). That would put you ahead of me. So it was funny because you were making fun of my total when your total is actually higher (but then when you have to explain the joke it's not funny).

While 1/4 of your posts are on trolls, I wonder what my percentage is? probably less then 1% I would guess.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    So no-one said it wasnt sad and pathetic just that spamming is stupid mmmk.</font>

You said it was sad and pathetic.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 31-05-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    You said it was sad and pathetic.
    </font>
    Read what i wrote.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Math is hard"

If I was to start posting the same time as you I would based on my current average have roughtly 860 posts (approx). That would put you ahead of me. So it was funny because you were making fun of my total when your total is actually higher (but then when you have to explain the joke it's not funny).

While 1/4 of your posts are on trolls, I wonder what my percentage is? probably less then 1% I would guess. </font>
    Reading what I post is even harder Hobbes?
    If your not even going to read what i post dont bother replying with nonsense.

[This message has been edited by WhiteLancer (edited 31-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Y don't u ask someone 2 dfo it 4 u? someone must have friends in high places+ u seem 2 be here 4 a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

hmm if having that amount of real posts over the time that hes been here(with minimum spam) is sad and pathetic.....you have to wonder what, having the amount of posts that you have for the amount of time youve been here(1/4 being spam), is ?

I'm just pointing out that you're tripping your self up by even saying that....

It is not a fairytail. It is truth

www.scifi-meshes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Even Richindub thought you's were sad and he's king of the Trolls.

</font>

Heh, thanks but i feel either kipper or white have earned that title, since both of those have waaaaay more posts on the trolls board than myself smile.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monty - the one and only:

hmm if having that amount of real posts over the time that hes been here(with minimum spam) is sad and pathetic.....you have to wonder what, having the amount of posts that you have for the amount of time youve been here(1/4 being spam), is ?

I'm just pointing out that you're tripping your self up by even saying that....

</font>

Really how?
    smoke, how bout me you and rich just spam boards at the planet? With 3 people, 1 post a minute, 8 hours = 1600 posts of ph33rsome spam </font>
    I have free internet at home, i can use it whenever i want for as long as i want.
    What i dont have is a half decent pc to play games on.
    So tell me, why the **** would i pay £15 to spam trolls?
    If you took that seriously, well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Everyone should know White has "Brick-wall Syndrome". smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Lol, I'm gonna use that cool.gif

Everyone should know paladin has "stupid cnut syndrome".

[This message has been edited by WhiteLancer (edited 31-05-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHAMAN:
    Y don't u ask someone 2 dfo it 4 u? someone must have friends in high places+ u seem 2 be here 4 a long time.</font>

LOL smile.gif Ok Shaman you can read all the posts for me. Although you'll probably tell me they are all about B+W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I mean if the poor guy is so enthralled with his post count and it boosts his ego, leave him be.

I only pity new boards users who have to read through reams of crap before they decide to disregard certain users posts altogether.

Cmon' the UBB developers with the ignore option, surely a system call to grep -v $muppet can't be that hard smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Everyone should know paladin has "stupid cnut syndrome".
    </font>

You've even managed to spam this thread you muppet!

And before you start on me, you've 400 more posts that me, and I've been here since same time as the aforementioned Hobbes.

Sure y'can't be at dat lads!

Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 31-05-2001).]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement