Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please lock the "question, answer" topic in trolls!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    You've even managed to spam this thread you muppet!

And before you start on me, you've 400 more posts that me, and I've been here since same time as the aforementioned Hobbes.

Sure y'can't be at dat lads!

Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 31-05-2001).]
    </font>
    Do you even know what spam means?

Well you obviously dont from /\
    Go look it up in a dictionary.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
    I mean if the poor guy is so enthralled with his post count and it boosts his ego, leave him be.

I only pity new boards users who have to read through reams of crap before they decide to disregard certain users posts altogether.

Cmon' the UBB developers with the ignore option, surely a system call to grep -v $muppet can't be that hard smile.gif
    </font>

Have you ever seen me boast about my post count? Even once?
    Have you ever seen me spam anywhere but trolls? Ever?
    Trolls is where the crap goes so your point is about as useless as a fart in the wind.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

dam this topic has gotten big really quick
    I'll delete this topic tomorrow if it even shows the slightest bit of getting any worse,
    I asked for the "question, and answer" topic to be closed, I got my reqest done within the minute smile.gif
    excellant speed guys.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    dam this topic has gotten big really quick
    I'll delete this topic tomorrow if it even shows the slightest bit of getting any worse,
    </font>

That is why you shouldnt be able to delete your own posts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think that's a great handy feature
    Because if you made a topic about a joke about someone, if it back fire's, you can just delete it smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Well getting rid of the post count would probally get rid of most of the spam.(or maybe just hiding it till people have been members for over 2 years or something? Then people like hobbes would be able to keep theirs smile.gif )

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by richindub2:
    Well getting rid of the post count would probally get rid of most of the spam.(or maybe just hiding it till people have been members for over 2 years or something? Then people like hobbes would be able to keep theirs smile.gif )

</font>

I asked them to remove post counts, that way we can have fun and mess in trolls and people wont notice .

I'm pritty sure that idea was discussed before..
    and it was made out to keep it there

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    I'm pritty sure that idea was discussed before..
    and it was made out to keep it there
    </font>

The only forum ive ever posted at that doesnt have a post count (excl pa forums) is dsc, and ive enver seen anyone spam or troll there.ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Please lock the "Please lock the "question, answer" topic in trolls!" thread in Admin!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It was locked because it was discussed by the admins and we thought it might be straining the machine. We've had UBB fall over because of super long threads (any one remember Blades attempt to get the longest thread?) before.

It wasnt planned to stop it before 1000, but thats the way it happened.

DeV.

pld gerry smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Nnnhgghgggghghhhghgh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement