Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New TFT monitor too bright

• 28-06-2005 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've just got a new TFT monitor and even with the monitor brightness settings brought down to 0 it is still way too bright. Does anyone know if you can change brightness levels in XP Home edition? I tried checking out Display in the Control panel but couldn't find anything.

All help appreciated.

M

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Try the Display in Control Panel Again.

Go in there and click settings. Click the advanced tab on bottom right and you will get settings on your graphics card in one of those tabs. Provided you graphics card is properly installed.

I had this problem too. I was told that lowering the contrast can help, which it did. I eventually got used to it anyway.

Like Webmonkey said, you can lower the gamma of the display alright if your graphics drivers support it.

Advertisement