Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-paying for a bill phone? Sounds stupid but it's the Meteor way...

Options
  • 28-06-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Anybody else had the same experience as me over the past month or so?
    I changed over to Meteor from O2 because O2 were waaaaaay too expensive. I got Meteor's Talk 400 deal which give me 400 minutes for 60 quid - pretty good deal I thought... until...
    I got my bill and they were looking for 148 Euro off me!!! 60 quid was for my first month's package, 28 Euro for the minutes and texts I used beyond the Talk 400 deal and... wait for it... 60 quid for the NEXT month!!!
    Isn't this just a glorified pre-pay deal?
    Oh, and of course there was no mention of this when I signed up...
    It's a shame because the service is pretty good!!!
    Anyone else got the same thing? Anybody get on to Meteor about it? Anybody have any joy getting on to Meteor about it? Or is Rip-Off Ireland just getting more and more accepting of hidden changes???
    I'm very angry... grrrrrrr!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

This is normal .. O2, Vodafone, Eircom etc all charge line rental in advance.

See HERE from Vodafone's FAQ.

Your first bill will always include the month you signed up plus the next month in advance, regardless of what operator you choose. Subsequent bills will be fine as you're only paying for the next month's rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

youll only have to do it once so it aint to bad
    im suprised they didnt tell you though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

they all do that but they should have told u before u signed up:mad:

Advertisement