Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muppetry on the technology board

• 03-06-2001 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I think X_OR has seen this already, but what the hell...

There's someone/thing digging up loads of old, 2 year old threads on the tech board and replying to each with "up".
    Username is b1 and its really wrecking my head. The whole first page of topics on the tech board (mostly) are ancient stuff that has been spammed by this muppet.

- Munch

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The usernames b1, b2 ... b10 were all registered and were posting from various windows boxes around europe and the US. I haven't heard of anything like that happening before, but I haven't really looked into it either. It's complete nuisance value, not really sure what the bloody point of it is. Anyway, I've disabled those user's ability to post, I'll leave it up to the technology board moderators or one of the other Administrators to decide whether to troll or lock or delete the threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

p1 has arrived on the scene and is doing the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Its annoying, some people are posting helpful replies to threads over 2 years old. Why would you do that? Seems too much like hard work to me smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

I say ban them.

p1 has done it loads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

There is no ip range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yep seems like a load of people all using the same a/c.
    or just one muppet dialing up differently each time.
    first posts are all dialup ips, last ones seem to be proxys.

gonna go ahead and delete the useless posts anyway (ones nobody will be searching for) as a page full of closed threads aint nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I daresay Joe22 has something to do with this - he has got the 3l33t ha><><0r$ on to it - strange how it's only Technology and only after he was banned rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

If joe bothered coming back he would at least try and spell some stuff wrong, they spelled 'up' right every time. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would guess it's probably just a script rather then someone typing it. Would explain why they spelt "up" right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭RiCo

Having a tech background I decided to see if I could help with some of the queries. I found some slightly misleading advice but was unable to supply any corrections because the threads were closed. Any chance of sub dividing ie Open threads & Close threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Rico, the threads were closed because those are two year old queries that some muppet is bringing back to the top for a laugh.

I daresay the original posters probably got that particular problem sorted out already.

Advertisement