Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the problem with boho/gypsy?

• 28-06-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

What's the dealio with people having such a big thing against the boho/gypsy look? It's much prettier than a lot of the fashions that have graced us (eg. Ugg Boots, Ponchos, the whole ''military chic'' thing) It's also much classier than tiny skirts and tops.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, i prefer more tailored stuff as I have a small frame and would get lost in all that flouncy stuff. Plus, it's not very original - makes a person look like a Topshop mannequin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ok, it is prettier than UGGs but people don't realise, that like any fashion trend, work must go into making it look good. Just because it is promoted as a relaxed loose fashion style doesn't mean that you can just throw things together.

Also, the problem is that because it's all over the high street, every second woman is dressed identiallly. Big belt, flowing skirt, arrrggghh...

Also, I don't like it cause it makes me look pregnant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

Piste wrote:
    (eg. Ugg Boots, Ponchos, the whole ''military chic'' thing)
    What have you got against ponchos
    I love my poncho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh I've nothnig against them, I just thin kthat the gypsy/boho look is far more flattering and pretty.

It is annoying seeing every second woman wearing the look though which is why I was so reluctant to buy gypsy clothes, it's very rare though that somethnig I like is in style and with the weather we've been getting lately it's nice having light, cool clothes to go around in.

Like any madly promoted fashion trend, there are very few women it suits well.

Like Simu, I prefer my clothes to be fitted in shape. And there is no excuse for some of those big long skirts. I'd imagine that they'd be useful for polishing my windows

• Advertisement

Piste wrote:
    It is annoying seeing every second woman wearing the look
    that doesn't really apply to me, being a dude and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

dudara wrote:
    I'd imagine that they'd be useful for polishing my windows

Yeah. Likethis one - looks like an old tablecloth!

00050f.jpg

What is up with that "tiered" look? How to look like a ziggeraut in one easy elasticated waist step..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Without wanting to start a riot or come across as racist, but; I find it really funny, you get all these people complainign about Romanian, Bosnian etc refugees adn then they start to dress up like them...

go figure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

ye.. seriously where i'm living all the people that have problems with the romainans and the like are wearing their style.

personally some of the clothes can look really good but then again they can look really cheap and (yes i'm going to say it ) NAFF!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

*Page* wrote:
    ye.. seriously where i'm living all the people that have problems with the romainans and the like are wearing their style.

personally some of the clothes can look really good but then again they can look really cheap and (yes i'm going to say it ) NAFF!!!!

only naff people say naff!
    same goes for tossers

oh fúck i said naff twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

HA HA....tosser.....

who here knows what a TWAT is....

*Page* wrote:
    who here knows what a TWAT is....
    Please, there are children present
    Let their parents explain those kind of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Actually the boho/gypsy look is one of my favourite looks at the moment in female fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

the reasons i despise it, is cos EVERYONE is wearing it which gives the clone effect, and it makes everyone look like a gypsy, which is what its called, i know, but as someone said earlier, who wants to dress like the local Big Issue seller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭melancholymaidn

i love the boho style ... but not the clone one thats going around! boho is a really difinitive look,and it can also be really individual in stye. so many people think throwing on a long tiered skirt and a penneys top does works-it doesnt it just makes you a complete clone! and stop wearing those skirts so low!!! they arent hipster jeans!

Advertisement