Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flashing red/white/green thing - always east sky - dublin

Options
  • 28-06-2005 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

what is it ?

a satelitte ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

loz wrote:
    what is it ?

Where is it?
    When is it?
    Where are you?

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

You are not by any chance talking abut the two red and white chimney towers at Poolbeg with their flashing lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

the airport would match the colors,
    but its not really east of any houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Flukey wrote:
    You are not by any chance talking abut the two red and white chimney towers at Poolbeg with their flashing lights?

LOL - I was just thinking that - it's the pigeon house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

Theres a star ( possibly ) in the east sky from where i am - blanchardstown - that seems to flash red and green - at first i thought it was a helicoptor - but its been in the same place for weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazy days

The airport is directly or more less east of blanch, and the landing lights of planes are red and green if you were looking at an approching plane from the east it would apear stationary in the sky from where you are at least for a minute or two minutes.

I dunno if mars is visible but that also looks like a small red star could it be that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

No - cause i saw the same star(thing) last week while down in kerry in a similar position - although come to think of it may have been more northeast.

Advertisement