Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigi Malones - Talbot St, Dublin

• 28-06-2005 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Im heading to Dublin to meet friends and we are going to Luigi Malones for a meal. Ive been to the one in Cork once before. Ive had the prawns to start and the steak for main. I must say it was a very tasty meal indeed.
    What else do ye recommend? And what do ye think of the restaurant in general? I was veryimpressed overall.

Loobz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

There's no Luigi Malones on Talbot St.

There's one in Temple Bar, and there are a number of Italian restuarants on Talbot St.

You sure you know where you're going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

hehe, I made a mistake. I meant Temple Bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

chicken wings with blue cheese dip (enough for 2) is mouth watering, as are their famous ribs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Love the one in Cork. if going for lunch I recommend the club sandwich with potato wedges. Fabulous.

They also do the best value wine by the glass ever. It comes in a tall carafe with at least three glasses worth in it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah bambam u have the right taste. i love the chicken wings with blue cheese dip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

drdre wrote:
    yeah bambam u have the right taste. i love the chicken wings with blue cheese dip

divine!!just divine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I can confim the tasytiness of the aforementioned chicken wings. I love the pizzas they do in there too, I'd recommend one of those for a main course. Haven't actually been in there for dinner but tbh they have loads of good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I had the Moroccon mutton stew thingie in there - dunno if they still do it, but dont touch it. The meat in it was all grissly and fatty, as if they used the worst parts of the meat in the dish. I spent the time the rest of the table used eating their meal, throwing up in the bathrooms. It was horrible. Anything else inside there that i've had has been lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Haven't been in years as I had a number of complaints from two visits that weren't dealt with very well. Steak with pepper sauce on the side came with the sauce on the steak. When I complained they ran it under the tap, it came back freezing cold with water on the plate. I ordered something else and made them take it back. When the bill came the steak was on it and I told them I had sent it back and wasn't going to pay for it. They said I had to pay for it as I had taken a bite from it. When I asked to see a manager they said the manager was busy. I said I would wait and after ten minutes I asked again and was told the manager still wasn't ready. I told them I would leave if I didn't speak to the manager in the next five minutes. AS I was walking out the door they told me they would call the police if I didn't pay. I just kept walking.
    On a previous occasion I was told I couldn't have dessert as they had double booked another table and needed mine. Two other people with me also got food poisoning from their food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thats pretty horrible FX - id say this was just bad luck as Ive heard so many good reports about the place. Is there much meat on the famous chicken wings are just bone? Sounds tasty. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement