Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 error

Options
  • 28-06-2005 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Have an error with BF2......connect to BF2 and go to the browser and use the connect to IP, enter in IP, any IP for Irish servers, adn then it says "Joining Server" then drops back to browser window with no error

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Now demo aint working and wont let me uninstall....must be virus....doing scan now....if not full reload mite be required :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

aigh tis crazy they really need a patch when i login to accounts server i takes ages then says that server is full or automatically puts me on a server wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You touch the cd key changer that comes with BF2? As soon as you open that program it blanks your CD key. When I did that I got exactly the symptoms you have now.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You touch the cd key changer that comes with BF2? As soon as you open that program it blanks your CD key. When I did that I got exactly the symptoms you have now.

How u fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Reinstall the game? Wont take long and should fix it.

• Advertisement

WOnt let me un-install or reinstall

Think Im going to have to reload system!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Sorry, forgot that bit. I just applied the key with that program. (if you click cancel it just blanks your key)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

did you type in the IP using the numkeys? In CoD, if you use the numkeys for an IP it often doesnt work... just a thought

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    did you type in the IP using the numkeys? In CoD, if you use the numkeys for an IP it often doesnt work... just a thought

Nope.....ended up reloading the whole system....prob needed it anyway!! think it was a virus to be honest but Norton couldnt find it....BF2 was working perfect on Friday and then yesterday was f**ked....wouldnt uninstall or reinstall!!! think there is a new virsu out just for BF2 so everyone watch out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Computing is a black art.

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    Computing is a black art.

Its also a biatch when you sit for 3 hrs reloading a system after spending 4 hrs trying to get a broken DVD drive to read your new BF2 disk....I have had serious bad luck with BF2 so far!! hope it doesnt continue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Any news of a patch yet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

No news of a patch yet but they are working on it I guess. Theer are several offical EA servers out there that I can't join because my client is an 'older version' than the server.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

hl2 has better graphics and play on seconds machines fx5700 on hi res yet bf 2 will on run with decent fps on low with shaders/shadows turned off wtf!!! this is a great game but i have never in my life seen as much bugs in a game ea stop throwing us games and take time and perfect them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

When was the last time you played HL2 with 64 people online also accompanied by over 20 vehicles?

Different games, different demands, stop comparing.

hl2 has better graphics and play on seconds machines fx5700 on hi res yet bf 2 will on run with decent fps on low with shaders/shadows turned off wtf!!! this is a great game but i have never in my life seen as much bugs in a game ea stop throwing us games and take time and perfect them!

HL2 shouldnt be mentioned anywhere near BF2....I havent even finished HL2 because I got bored with it......the multi player of HL2 is terrible and its just lag!!!!!

BF2 kicks it ass.....not that many bugs when you get iut up and running

Oh yeah full reinstall of Windows seems to have solved the problem...think it was a virus to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i agree with big nelly, hl 2 isn't in the same league as bf 2. hl2 multiplayer had shed loads of lag, even on small servers with few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

As was said hl2 shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as bf2 if comparing gameplay. Totally different games. Have only played demo of bf2 but from what seen so far excellent.

Advertisement