Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead hdd

• 28-06-2005 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

im usually good with this xbox stuff, but a friend had a softmodded xbox, it gave error 21 when he turned his softmod off (he didnt have MS dash) it WOULD NOT coldboot meachassault, so i couldn't fix that way (it wudnt cold-boot anything) i tried cloning a working xbox hdd to it with "chimp" but it gave an error and never finished, thus the 120GB error "21" hdd, now gives error 7, it refuses to unlock, and makes that horrible beep,click, beep,click noise. Im gonna ask at xbox-scene too, but i dont think theres much hope :( (anyone wanna buy a 120GB hdd) :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I've never used chimp but I think it sets the master password to XBOXSCENE
    Try using atapwd.exe to unlock using that (check the readme).
    Also, some PCs 'freeze lock' locked drives, are you using a different PC than normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

nope, pc same i think i tried that thing to unlock, but surly the unreadable first partition, and the horrible noises mean i should prolly let it go :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

man that doesn't look good 7 is a hdd timeout rather than can't unlock - the clicking would seam to indicate that the drive head is hitting off the side of the hdd housing - i think it'll have to be sent back to the manufacturer

Advertisement