Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoist the Main Sail! Tall Ships Picture Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Cabaal wrote:
    Finally got to see the ships this evening and I got one or two photos :)
    images are 1MB each

img00203zv.th.jpg

img00383kw.th.jpg

Their not as good as I'd like...

Wouldn't say that - the second photo is excellent. What camera settings did you deploy? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

Not being a smart ass, Homer! Merely stating a fact - one in which I was proved right! Apparently the reason for this is because the river is very shallow in parts and the boats have to be piloted up. If they were in full sail they could run aground. And you're in the Reserve Naval Force? I'll definitely sleep sounder in my bed tonight!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    aint we a smart ass and anyway i,m trained on motor powered vessel,s not sail training vessel,s so i would,nt be in the know how about tall ships jez the naval service would hardly throw a sail up on the l.e. eithne when it at sea now wud it :p

and macropolo did you see any masts for sails on the l.e. aoife down on the north wharf??? the ship might be thirty yrs old but no sails on it!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wouldn't say that - the second photo is excellent. What camera settings did you deploy? :eek:

Manual setting on my Canon Powershot S50, think it was vivid colour and 4second exporsure

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

img00061nr.th.jpg

img00223gf.th.jpg

img00429bt.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Cabaal wrote:
    I got to say one thing about the Russian's
    They sure do have the biggest ships (or atleast from what I can see)
    Think they robbed one of the ships from the germans. Not sure which war it was.

angry_fox wrote:
    Think they robbed one of the ships from the germans. Not sure which war it was.
    that would be correct it was taken after world war 2. it was the germans prized possesion apparently read it in the munster express i think

phelo05 wrote:
    aint we a smart ass and anyway i,m trained on motor powered vessel,s not sail training vessel,s so i would,nt be in the know how about tall ships jez the naval service would hardly throw a sail up on the l.e. eithne when it at sea now wud it :p

Well why are you commenting on something you claim to know nothing about then? :confused:

phelo05 wrote:
    and macropolo did you see any masts for sails on the l.e. aoife down on the north wharf??? the ship might be thirty yrs old but no sails on it!!!

If you look at the original thread the comment was that the Tall Ships (no mention of the good ship Eithne) would be coming up under their own power. When you're in a hole stop digging! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Couple of pics from Dunmore this morning. A bit misty but you can see a good portion of the fleet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

And a couple from the city on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I like the second misty shot, with a bit of "photopainting" it would look rather good! :)

Mike.

Well why are you commenting on something you claim to know nothing about then? :confused:
    i don,t need your permission could find out something my friend so i,d advise you to mind your business and keep your fat head out of it

phelo05 wrote:
    i don,t need your permission could find out something my friend so i,d advise you to mind your business and keep your fat head out of it

phelo05, you got into the army and your still calling people names like a 10 year old would,
    Grow up
    :rolleyes:

Cabaal wrote:
    phelo05, you got into the army and your still calling people names like a 10 year old would,
    Grow up
    :rolleyes:
    sorry sir won,t happen again he just annoying me at this stage. it was just a curious question that i asked about why they don,t come up the river with full sails and he gets smart about it.he,d get a box in the face if he was in front of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

he,d get a box in the face if he was in front of me

A spell in the army will do you some good. Banned for for week.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 armyboy05

Ah mike don,t you think u were a bit harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

armyboy05 wrote:
    Ah mike don,t you think u were a bit harsh

Sorry for off topic but it's odd that both you and phelo65 both have the little , on the don,t. Wouldn't you agree?

phelo05 wrote:
    sorry sir won,t happen again he just annoying me at this stage. it was just a curious question that i asked about why they don,t come up the river with full sails and he gets smart about it.he,d get a box in the face if he was in front of me

Sorry you feel like that Phelo05. Thought we could have a mature discussion about it. The original thread starter was fairly harmless and not aimed at anyone in particular. Best of luck in the Army.......but one small piece of advice: think before you shout! ;)

Sorry you feel like that Phelo05. Thought we could have a mature discussion about it. The original thread starter was fairly harmless and not aimed at anyone in particular. Best of luck in the Army.......but one small piece of advice: think before you shout! ;)
    phelo05 [shakes hands] and makes peace with marcopolo85. as u might be aware i,m phelo05 for those who don,t know :D

• Advertisement

i apologise to every1 that i abused as phelo05 i,m finished my messing and will go back to my normal mature self :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i really don't know what all the fuzz was about....Tall Ships? I've seen taller ships than those!

armyboy05 wrote:
    phelo05 [shakes hands] and makes peace with marcopolo85. as u might be aware i,m phelo05 for those who don,t know :D

Cheers Boy.

Look after yourself.

MP85 :D

i really don't know what all the fuzz was about....Tall Ships? I've seen taller ships than those!

Must've been the Titanic! :D

Must've been the Titanic! :D
    yeah like whatever! Everyone knows the Titanic is a blockbuster movie with Leonardo Di Caprio not a boat with Captain Birds Eye and the like. Are you living on a different planet or somefink? :D

yeah like whatever! Everyone knows the Titanic is a blockbuster movie with Leonardo Di Caprio not a boat with Captain Birds Eye and the like. Are you living on a different planet or somefink? :D

Have you checked the specs for the HEIGHT of the Titanic......(i.e. tall.......) :D

nope

Cabaal wrote:
    Jesus you learn something new everyday! I never knew the Titanic was real, i just thought it was an amazing filim set!

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    If you are in Waterford for the Tall Ships and have a camera - take some pix of the boats, yourself, the crowds, cars being towed away as the owner is restrianed, whatever is happening in fact.

If you have a digital camera post them here. If you need a picture host then sign up to www.photobucket.com its free.

Mike.

Some more from a small pleasure craft in Dunmore. Pity about the photographic conditions. If only it had been this week. Ah well, if that's all that went wrong! :D

Advertisement