Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

V FOR VENDETTA poster

• 28-06-2005 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

check it out

well Im looking forward to this. Alan Moore graphic novels never transfer well to the Big screen But I think this could be as good as it's going to get. has the potenial to be a really good action movie I think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

To be honest I've never heard of the graphic novels but I've read a few articles about the movie and I think it looks promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I think its looking good, I like Hugo Weaving. But generally I don't care for the Alan Moore films that have been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah looking forward to this. lots of "hey i made the matrix!" people involved too

and portman is inspired casting, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

The fact that Alan Moore has publicly disowned the film after seeing the shooting script is definitely not a good sign - he's even gone so far as to cut all remaining ties with DC Comics. It must be really bad.
    Alan Moore wrote:
    It was imbecilic; it had plot holes you couldn't have got away with in Whizzer And Chips in the nineteen sixties. Plot holes no one had noticed.
    I think I'll give this one a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Harry Knowles has said the script was good, hes hard to please comic book wise.

Doesnt Alan Moore cut off ties to all his movies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Harry Knowles also loved Jar Jar Binks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

...and, from this, there is no redemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Once a film gets fatboys seal of approval I start to worry.

The fact that Moore himself doesn't like it pretty much tears it for me.

Advertisement