Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeremie Aliadiere signs for celtic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Its been talked about in the Arsenal transfer rumours thread. I think he'll do well but don't see why we have to pay a fee when its benefitting Arsenal and the player. Celtic were in talks with Newcastle today over Bellamy and Zurawski has til Thursday to decide whether to join. I don't understand why we're signing so many strikers but I'm not complaining, especially if it means BBJ is for the off. We're also favourites to get Dellas, he would be the ideal partner for Bobo. Someone we've been missing since Mjallby left.

If its a choice between Zurawski and Bellamy I'd take Zurawski in a second. Bellamy would cost £15m over 4 years. Zurawski would cost less than £5m and is probably even a better player.

It has just been confirmed that Zurawski will also join. Get in! 3 signings in June. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

AFAIK Aliadiere has only been signed on loan for the duration of this season.
    He's quality, no question, but he has a knack of getting injured just when it looks like he's gonna get a run in the first team :rolleyes:

Hope he has a blinder at Celtic tho, good luck to the kid.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If Aliadiere gets an injury free run in the Celtic team he'll be a revelation. He's been incredibly unlucky with injuries thus far, but I think he's past that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Aliadiere has an amazing finishing ability similar to the great Oleimo, and he is a fantastic player that Celtic got on the cheap for a season!
    He is going to be great for them if he gets a good run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Celtic have just got the next "Henry" on a loan for a season. I forsee him stuffing a few past Rangers. Class player as long as he stays injury free (hope this doesn't come back and haunt us, he was a class act to have coming off the bench!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

from what i have seen of this guy, i thought he was very good. not sure how bright a future he has at the gooners but theres no doubting he will be class for some team. great signing for celtic.

Apparantly Aliadiere put pen to paper today and will be at Celtic Park for training on Friday. The fee is actually less than £500k but no exact figure given.

Zurawski and Artur Boruc (Polish no.2 keeper - will soon replace Dudek :)) will be in Glasgow soon to have medicals. Boruc will only cost £600k. He's supposedly crazy. :)
    http://www.arturboruc.com/zdjecia/131.jpg

Zurawski's ex club teammate and current Polish teammate, Kamil Kowokski, is also expectedto fly over for talks. He plays for Kaiserklautern and Inter were tracking him recently. He's a right winger afaik which is a position we need someone.

Poland Celtic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

As a Gooner I am glad he is staying with arsenal and he should get great experience in the Champions League where he needs it

Hope he does get tested and not just the big games v Rangers

However he is prone to injury and hes had a few in his day but he has the potential

Treat him with care as we want him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Treat him with care as we want him back

Amen to that. I don't want him to turn into another Stephen Hughes, Graham Barrett, Rohan Ricketts etc - players who could've made it at Arsenal given time but decided to look elsewhere for first-team football... All Players in their twenties, none playing regular football at a top club.
    Aliadiere's got a good head on his shoulders, he'll be back next season. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Can't say i know a lot about this lad but ill put my faith in Gordon Strachan :)

SebtheBum wrote:
    AFAIK Aliadiere has only been signed on loan for the duration of this season.
    He's quality, no question, but he has a knack of getting injured just when it looks like he's gonna get a run in the first team :rolleyes:

Hope he has a blinder at Celtic tho, good luck to the kid.

IMO this guy could be bigger than Larsson but agreeing with stb he is prone to the odd injury. i wish him well and im glad its celtic he's gone to. the only club i wouldnt begrudge henry a channce to join in the morning is the Celts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Negotiations are still ongoing for Bellamy aswell. Wonder where this will leave Hartson.

Craig Beattie has also signed a new contract at Parkhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Can Aliadiere play on the wings does anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Hopefully he can make an impression at Celtic :)

Ya they need to bounce back from losing the title. Who would be the prefered striking pair if Bellamy stays on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

For me (who has not yet seen Aliadiere), it would be Sutton & Bellamy

I havent seen him play in a full match I dont think. He deserves a chance though. He could be a hidden talent at Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Can Aliadiere play on the wings does anybody know?

Ali is very much a central striker. I'd say he is quite close to Anelka in terms of playing style, as in he likes the ball played over the top for him to run on to and is a quality finisher. He bulked up quite a bit during his period out with injury this season so if Celtic can actually manage to play a system which suits him, he could be a scoring machine this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Every time I've seen him play I was like, wow Its Henry who can header.
    This guy is serious quality and I guarentee he will be the top choice striker by Christmas and the other strikers will be trying for the second spot.

• Advertisement

I hope he does well anyway for The Bhoys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Id expect him to bang in loads of goals in the SPL if he gets his game and stays fit. Would be great if he can get a few CL games under his belt too.

That imo is the reason he has moved as the SPL is almost as bad as the Championship if not worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

jank wrote:
    Id expect him to bang in loads of goals in the SPL if he gets his game and stays fit. Would be great if he can get a few CL games under his belt too.

That imo is the reason he has moved as the SPL is almost as bad as the Championship if not worse

There's always one :rolleyes:

There's always one

Oh wait sorry the SPL is on par with La liga, the Premiership and Seria A how stupid of me! ;)

If you want to discuss the quality of the SPL then open a new thread and ill discuss it freely

So the Spl isn't the best league in the world big deal, im just delighted that Aliadiere wants to play for Celtic.

Badabing wrote:
    So the Spl isn't the best league in the world big deal, im just delighted that Aliadiere wants to play for Celtic.

Yep far from the best league in the world hence my original comments and im delighted the Ali has signed for Celtic too :)

Is it season long loan?

Yep, as far as i know

Hopefully he can make an impression at Celtic :)
    I've seen over 100 of Zurawski's goals and have not heard a bad word mentioned about him from the Polish fans on other sites. He's Poland's best player and he looks a certain starter. Here's one of the many Zurawski comps (24mb):
    http://pilka.w.inds.pl/zurawski.wmv

Aliadiere probably won't start the season as first choice but hopefully he plays himself into the team.

Beattie signed a new 3 year contract yesterday too. That leaves is with:

Aliadiere
    Sutton
    Zurawski
    Hartson
    Beattie
    Maloney
    Fernandez
    and possibly Bellamy. :eek:

It seems Aliadiere will be no.14 (I wonder who the no.7 will be this season :)):
    http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19204&stc=1

• Advertisement

Hopefully fernandez will leave i heard Cardiff were taking a look, btw with that attack and all that pace where does that leave Hartson.

Isnt the no. 7 retired for Larsson?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PHB wrote:
    Every time I've seen him play I was like, wow Its Henry who can header.
    This guy is serious quality and I guarentee he will be the top choice striker by Christmas and the other strikers will be trying for the second spot.
    They said the same thing at Clairefontaine, he was rated higher than Anelka, Henry, Trez, Saha etc. Fingers crossed he can get his career back on track next season.

He can play on the wings as he's quick and a good dribbler but his best abilities would be wasted out there. I hope GS gives him a good crack of the whip at CF.

Isnt the no. 7 retired for Larsson?
    No, Juninho had it last season.

Im thinking of some club then who has number 7retired anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

i think he is a hot prospect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Bellamy could get No. 7 if he joins.

Ya suppose he could