Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with french please

• 28-06-2005 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

ok this is the last chance i got to get this done or boss won't be happy

what does "refrigerateur de demarreur" and conter-refrigerateur" mean??? i'm meant to be doing up a cleaning timetable and the last one was in french for some reason. grrrr :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 JZF

Hi,

I think " refrigerateur de demarreur " means (engine) starter cooler, maybe it makes sense to you ?

Sorry for the second one, no idea, are you sure of the spelling ?

Marc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i guess the first one would make sense as it's for a hotel kitchen but thats the way the second one is spelt. cheers for the help though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

it makes not really sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It thinks its the fridge for starters.
    You're missing an accent off the first e.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Where are you reading this from? The last what was in French?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

If still relevant, try this translation engine , using French as source and English as output :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

doesn't conter-refrigerateur mean freezer?,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Fridge is usually 'réfrigérateur'
    Freezer is usually 'congélateur' or 'frigidaire' (like the brand)

Never heard of 'conter-réfrigérateur'. Could be:

(i) 'contre-réfrigérateur' : 'r' inverted place, i.e. a 'counter'-fridge (as in 'anti-'), whatever that is - usually an oven :D

or

(ii) 'counter-réfrigérateur' : 'u' missing, i.e. an 'under-the-counter' -fridge, although never heard of the use 'counter' in French text

Advertisement