Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter Strike board

Options
  • 07-06-2001 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

It's spiraling out of control,
    there is now more troll threads/flames/pure bs threads than there is cs threads, in reality, there are very few cs threads and it would be easier to just change the name to Trolls.
    Something need's to be done

[This message has been edited by WhiteLancer (edited 07-06-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Shut up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

This has been posted before, a couple of times. Yes there is a lot of spam on the board, but there's quite a bit of proper information too, and if people post problems, they often get soklutions quickly...... if you don't like it don't read it, complaining about it won't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Umm no.
    Go to cs board and scroll down the page and see how many topic's are about cs.
    About 2/3.
    Look at all the posts and see how many are about cs.
    About 1/10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    Umm no.
    Go to cs board and scroll down the page and see how many topic's are about cs.
    About 2/3.
    </font>

Um... go into the cs board and scroll down and see how many topic's have been started by Whitelancer...
    About zero.

You do a great job of complaining though,... fair play to ya tongue.gif

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Oh dear, Min! Is he on fire, again?"

I see none started by you.
    Do you even have a point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Threads that aren't in some way related to CS or at least a good laugh for everyone are trolled. Today was a very bad day to judge it on as "Warlock" dragged up a load of spammy threads that had nothing to do with CS not so long ago frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just delete the offending posts/threads.

I see none started by you.
    Do you even have a point?
    </font>

Yes I do.

You are well capable of complaining about there being posts full of spam, etc. but you don't actually bother your ar$e posting something worthwhile yourself. It's called "hypocrisy", you know...

And no, you're right- there are none by me. I don't read the Counter Strike board, and didn't even look at it until I saw you b|tching about it... but hey... like I said- you're good at that, aren't you?

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Oh dear, Min! Is he on fire, again?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BigTrollsPoster:
    It's spiraling out of control,
    there is now more troll threads/moan moan moan troll moan moan moan troll
    moan moan moan troll
    moan moan moan troll
    moan moan moan troll

</font>
    If lancey says it it must be true

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    Yes I do.

You are well capable of complaining about there being posts full of spam, etc. but you don't actually bother your ar$e posting something worthwhile yourself. It's called "hypocrisy", you know...

And no, you're right- there are none by me. I don't read the Counter Strike board, and didn't even look at it until I saw you b|tching about it... but hey... like I said- you're good at that, aren't you?

</font>
    According to ubb search i have 97 posts there.
    Oh btw, are you being stupid jsut for the sake of it or are you trying to get your post count up Bard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I really think whitelancer should learn to be nice cause as far as it seams he is the biggest b1tch here smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Oh btw, are you being stupid jsut for the sake of it or are you trying to get your post count up Bard? </font>

To be honest Whitelancer you don't have all that huge amount of informative posts yourself. In fact with the past few months you've gotten more and more easily irritable and ready to complain. Bring the old whitelancer back wink.gif

.logic.

According to ubb search i have 97 posts there.

</font>

Good for you. You must be so proud tongue.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Oh btw, are you being stupid jsut for the sake of it or are you trying to get your post count up Bard?
    </font>

Neither, I'm trying to point out that your time would be better spent actually making intelligent, meaningful and worthwhile posts instead of b|tching about the quality of posts coming from others (which you've just done again rolleyes.gif )

Bard
    "Holsten Pils. Does exactly what it says on the tin."

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 08-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Surely the moderators of The CS bvoard are responsible for cleaning off the cráp from time to time?

I don't play that much CS anymore, (but if I did I would so fúcking 0\/\/n 4LL j00|2 P4n75!), so I don't read that particular board.

A post here such as this one is only leading to people who don't normally get involved with places on boards they have little or no interest in (like me), getting in on someone's little CS/Troll irritations. (ie. it doesn't help), email the moderators and stop bl33ting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i know Mills and Shinji do a great job, but maybe another mod?? might get the spam cleaned out quicker.

s-m-a-k??

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

I said twice
    , and tell me where do you get this impression that i do nothing but complain?
    Oh and i did turn it back on you, ever hear "preach what you praise?"
    </font>

"Twice" hardly constitutes a waste of time. Posting on this thread any further, though, does.

Where I get the impression that you do little more than complain is from a lot of your posts and from some other peoples thoughts about you. Where else do you expect me to get it?

And actually - no, I haven't heard that one. I've heard "practise what you preach" though, so why don't you just do your best, yourself, to avoid flaming and spamming?

Like I said- this post should be locked- it'll only end up as a flame war, which I won't be part of.

Enough already!

"Twice" hardly constitutes a waste of time. Posting on this thread any further, though, does.

Where I get the impression that you do little more than complain is from a lot of your posts and from some other peoples thoughts about you. Where else do you expect me to get it?

And actually - no, I haven't heard that one. I've heard "practise what you preach" though, so why don't you just do your best, yourself, to avoid flaming and spamming?

Like I said- this post should be locked- it'll only end up as a flame war, which I won't be part of.

Enough already!

</font>

Your whole contribution to this thread has been unconstructive and purposely flaming.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">yourself, to avoid flaming and spamming?
    </font>
    Excuse me? Does that have anything to do with this thread?
    It seems like you just want a nice flame war or is there some hidden meaning deep inside your posts?

You've posted 5 times on this thread and the sum of your posts is:
    Im a whiner
    Im a flamer and spammer
    I dont post in cs board(what? i do)
    Am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by WhiteLancer (edited 08-06-2001).]

Your whole contribution to this thread has been unconstructive and purposely flaming.
    </font>

Sheesh rolleyes.gif

My contribution to this thread has been to the point of asking that you quit complaining and post more constructively. That's hardly a flame.
    Excuse me? Does that have anything to do with this thread?
    It seems like you just want a nice flame war or is there some hidden meaning deep inside your posts?
    </font>
    I purposefully stated that I wished to avoid a flame war. There's no hidden meaning, I say what I mean.
    You've posted 5 times on this thread and the sum of your posts is:
    Im a whiner
    Im a flamer and spammer
    I dont post in cs board(what? i do)
    Am I missing something?
    </font>
    If, by that, you mean that I'm insinuating in my post's that you're a whiner, a flamer and a spammer... well- yeah- fine - about the whiner part anyway. I couldn't be ar$ed complaining to you about the rest.

I didn't say you don't post in the cs board, - I said that when I looked in there I didn't see any threads started by you.

You're missing a lot... but there's no point in getting any further into it.

Drop it, please... if you can.

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The point was made TO ADMINS, in the very first posting of this thread.

There is no need for this to be open anymore.

Bard, there was a time you didn't like posts like yours above coming from others, Why would you post this sort of thing on other people threads? What good does it do? Why would you waste your time on it? All questions you put forward in the past and seem to have forgotton.

Whitelancer, you made you point, I'm sure the mods of the CS board and/or the Admins of boards will sort something out.

Luc

Neither, I'm trying to point out that your time would be better spent actually making intelligent, meaningful and worthwhile posts instead of b|tching about the quality of posts coming from others (which you've just done again rolleyes.gif )

</font>

That's twice you've *****ed about my posts, maybe your time would be better spent actually making intelligent, meaningful and worthwhile posts instead of b|tching about the quality of posts coming from others?

• Advertisement

maybe your time would be better spent actually making intelligent, meaningful and worthwhile posts instead of b|tching about the quality of posts coming from others?</font>

Wow... you can copy and paste ... and you're such a wit! rolleyes.gif

Actually, most of my posts do not comprise of b|tching about other people. There's no point in trying to turn this around on me. If you've nothing to do but complain, why do you bother?

Lucutus, above, is right.

This post should be locked.

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

Wow... you can copy and paste ... and you're such a wit! rolleyes.gif

Actually, most of my posts do not comprise of b|tching about other people. There's no point in trying to turn this around on me. If you've nothing to do but complain, why do you bother?

Lucutus, above, is right.

This post should be locked.

</font>

I said twice
    , and tell me where do you get this impression that i do nothing but complain?
    Oh and i did turn it back on you, ever hear "preach what you praise?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement