Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Drycleaner Damaged My Suit - Help?

Options
  • 08-06-2001 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello

Can anyone outhere offer me advice on what to do. A large stain, similar in appearance to a footprint, has appeared on the jacket of a £200 suit, after being cleaned by an independent drycleaner. They are claiming the stain must have been on the jacket when I handed it in to be cleaned by it wasn't. They only advised me of the stain after cleaning it, and when I turned up to collect it. Now they are now fobbing me off, stating that they won't charge me for 'drycleaning' it. Has this happened to you before and how did you resolve it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

threaten them with the small claims court and advise them its in their best interests to pay you for the suit because of bad local publicity you could cause if you told everyone in the pub - if that doesnt halp go to the small claims court.
    of course you could always hold up a banner outside the shop for the day saying what happened so everyone goes to the competitor

[This message has been edited by fisty (edited 08-06-2001).]

Advertisement