Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 and HSCSD

Options
  • 28-06-2005 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does any body know if the nokia 6680 supports HSCSD .I used to use HSCSD on my old phone as it worked out cheaper that GRPS, but can't fine any dial up option on the 6680.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, the 6630 and 6680 don't support CSD or HSCSD - they support packet data only i.e. GPRS/WCDMA (3G)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

You could be right , but before i got the phone i checked it on the nokia
    web site http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,018-2355,00.html?model=6680 .
    There it says it supports

Network Data Support:
    HSCSD
    WCDMA
    CSD
    EGPRS
    GPRS

So, is this a mistake ?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Its very interesting actually.
    Most sites seem to say it does support it, but there are quite a few out there saying it doesn't.
    Seemingly Nokia have left HSCSD support in all the new 3G phones so far, as they don't seem to be 100% convinced about the whole 3G thing and seem to think that backward compatibility is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, to clarify a bit, the option isn't available when setting up a connection on the 6630 or 6680 handset (Voda at least)... i.e. where you try and select a 'Data Bearer' all you are presented with is 'Packet Data':
    databearer_6630_devices.ie.jpg

other Series 60 handsets present you with options for 'Data Bearer', including 'High Speed GSM' for a HSCSD connection:
    databearer_7650_devices.ie.jpg

however, the handsets do accept the HSCSD initialisation string from another device/computer for use as a modem, but that doesn't help you get an on-handset HSCSD call going...

Advertisement