Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour coding

• 09-06-2001 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

um... make any difference that I'm using Opera 5?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I thought that such things were client side not server side. Am I wrong?

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No Victor, you're quite right- cookies are client side.

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Normally when I go straight to the home page, all the links to the seperate boards down the left hand side appear yellow.

If I go to the bulletin index ( www.boards.ie/bulletin ) first though, and THEN go to the home page, only the ones with new messages since my last visit appear yellow and the rest appear white. - This is better.

My question is :- can they not be colour coded like that without me visiting the bulletin index first? Seems like a cookie is only read/set on that page and not the home page?

Am I making sense???

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Makes sense but it works for me without visiting any subpages first, maybe try resetting the cookies in preferences is all I can think of.

J.
    --

Advertisement