Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desk"TOP"... Custom PC. Broadband users only(big pics)

Options
  • 28-06-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Built this myself a while back for the GF only getting around to taking pics of it now. Its basically a pc built into the top drawer of a custom desk unit(B&Q drawers customised to make a desk) Was sickened to see the horror that made it into custom pc last month, i should have taken the pics after i built it n sent them in first...

Specs:
    3ghz P4 s478
    2gb PC3200 ram
    2 x 160gb sata HD
    1 x 80gb IDE HD
    Ati 9600se(passively cooled)
    Antec 350w PSU
    Red CC n 80mm fan on thermalright XP90
    Gigabyte mobo

Runs quite cool, cpu @ 32-35c n mobo @ 30c. Extremely quite, virging on silent... Job well done me thinks..

dsc011340010kn.jpg
    dsc011350014pt.jpg
    dsc011370014zy.jpg
    dsc011470011dv.jpg
    dsc011610014ia.jpg
    dsc011620018ft.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The Desk"TOP" in use by a trained professinal :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dsc011640011zr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

yup beats that silver piece of crap in custom pc mag by a mile - they must have been real stuck for something to print that month

looks real well, especially the dvd drive!

Are there fans exhausting at the side of the desk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Looks nice, good idea :D.
    Did i read 2ghz of ram!!!!!!!!!!! Why????????, sell me some of that :)

Theres a fan on the HSF and the PSU fan... The back of it is open so it gets loads of ventilation.. 2gig of ram cause it cost me bugger all and the pc is mainly used for video editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

GREAT JOB ROSS ive gotta hand it to you a very neat tidy job and the fact it was for your better half the love heart was a great idea and it looks so cool from begining to end its a class mod you should email those pics to pcextreme and custom pc as the guy above said its in a class of its own 1 million times better than the sh1t they showed last month ...

GREAT WORK 10 OUT OF 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Only word for that is beautiful.Top marks and i tip my hat in salute.
    Have to ask whats the vibration like in the drawer,did you do anything special with the drawer to help keep it down. Any step by step pics or drawings, would be class; might fancy a bash at something similar.
    Patent it and call it the "Rosco Drawer"

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

yeah gotta be worth serious brownie points........you might have started a trend here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Work of genius :eek:
    What will you do if your g/f ever breaks up with you ?;)

Cheers lads... makes it worthwhile when its appreciated. Drawer doesn't vibrate at all. The mobo is on a tray i cut out of an old pc n the tray sits on foam in the drawer. The drawer had to be reinforced quite a bit as its quite heavy..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Yeah nice job Ross,I see on last pic on you're belt it says "So Broke".I think not!!! :D

Well after building that you might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Excellent , a working work of art .

Just wondering , are the other p4's in the bottom drawer still waiting for me to have cash ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Fantastic - my own g/f is gonna be soo jealous! ;)

Well done Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

unklerosco wrote:
    Cheers lads... makes it worthwhile when its appreciated. Drawer doesn't vibrate at all. The mobo is on a tray i cut out of an old pc n the tray sits on foam in the drawer. The drawer had to be reinforced quite a bit as its quite heavy..
    Good man.
    Any step by step pics for pointers and all that. Checked my built in desk in the office and its got a dead space behind it for hiding cables and installing some fans perhaps.

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Yeah nice work man seriously pretty. Dunno what the story was with the piece of crap thjat was in CPC. Mad good internals but looked ****e. Yours however is good on both fronts!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

the ultimate lan machine :D nice work!

Nukem wrote:
    Good man.
    Any step by step pics for pointers and all that. Checked my built in desk in the office and its got a dead space behind it for hiding cables and installing some fans perhaps.

Nukem

I have some step by step pics but they're on a CF card and i don't have a means to get them off it... Should be getting a lend of one at the weekend so will start a different thread then..

Old old thread... This might be up for sale soon, not sure yet.... Gonna be moving out this year n cant think of anywhere to put this desk.. That n the fact between us we've 3 laptops n 2 pcs already...

Just wondering if there'd be any interest in this.. It could be sold as is or else the components removed n u could install ur own.. As it is, its damn silent and runs very cool..

Any suggestions as to what u'd think its worth???

For anyone wondering how it was made here's some pics.....

DCP_0024.th.jpg DCP_0022.th.jpg DCP_0014.th.jpg DCP_0013.th.jpg DCP_0005.th.jpg DCP_0004.th.jpg DCP_0002.th.jpg DCP_0001.th.jpg DCP_0025.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

it looks the fooking business !! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

ya it looks quality, good job :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Where are the pics it sounds great

Advertisement