Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not very Troll like

• 05-06-2001 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Just what to know why some seemingly reasonable posts such as
    P-p-p-p-PICK up a penguin, and slap a wooly jumper on him.
    Any Magic: The Gathering players out there? And even
    COMMUNISM FOREVER!!!! Have all ended up in trolls?
    confused.gif
    I think the Moderators may be a bit too hasty to move topic they personally don’t like when there is nothing relay wrong with the posts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doc:
    Just what to know why some seemingly reasonable posts such as
    P-p-p-p-PICK up a penguin, and slap a wooly jumper on him.
    Any Magic: The Gathering players out there? And even
    COMMUNISM FOREVER!!!! Have all ended up in trolls?
    confused.gif
    I think the Moderators may be a bit too hasty to move topic they personally don’t like when there is nothing relay wrong with the posts.
    </font>

I agree...

although the "Communism Forever" thread deserved it after a very short amount of time...

Moderators *have* been a bit click-happy at times... I didn't think my penguins post deserved to be lumped into Trolls, and the "Magic: The Gathering" one only seemed to end up on there 'cos the moderator in question didn't like Magic: The Gathering.

--

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Why, Min? Is he on fire?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea it should of moved to the RP forum, but I was too late to save it. The trolls have eaten it.

Btw, as a general rule I try to move threads to thier forum (eg, some I move to games from RP). If it's a spam thread I delete it. If trolls infect a thread I also delete thier posts rather then letting the thread move into trolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Posts untrolled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I Trolled that 'Communism Forever' thread because it was Tilmitt trying to start a flaming session as usual, if you take a look at the thread, the majority of it is total muppetry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Alrighty then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
    Posts untrolled.</font>

Cheers cloud smile.gif welcome back. Now I'm stuck with a MtG post and people wondering where it's gone. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I already apologised to [non]mojo for moving the "Any Magic: The Gathering players.." post to trolls. See the "A proper troll" post in Games for more details.

While I plead guilty to being prejudiced against MtG players as I said "I've had my fun"

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

Advertisement