Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6680 MMC weirdness

• 28-06-2005 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Just got a new 6680, put in SIM fired up fine. Powered down, put in MMC, powered up, get a "return to retailer" message. WTF ! - play around with the card, reseating it etc, and after a few more attempts, I get the PIN prompt and the phone starts.

But, its dying on its feet.The GUI is very sluggish, icons have disappeared. Pop the MMC and get an error dialog, says click OK, but its hung ! Power off/on resets OK. Almost as if the CPU is maxed out, trying to read the card maybe ?

So whats up with the card ? is it shot or do I need to do magic initialisation beforehand ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

To answer my own question :-)

Stuck it into another phone (6630 maybe), this worked fine. Reformatted it to remove all the crap that skodafone put onto it, put it back into the 6680 and voila, its all fine.

There ya go, can't beat a reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Have seen this problem before and it also happened when a memory card was changed

Make sure you have backed up anything you need such as sim contacts etc and apps/mp3's etc on the phone.

Make sure your battery is full. Do not do this with a low battery

With the phone powered off,
    press and hold down the following three keys together
    green dial key and the star key and the number 3 key
    Now press the power on/off switch to turn on your phone

Don't let go of the three keys until you see the "formatting" screen displayed

Once you see this screen, you can let go of the buttons and wait. After a couple of minutes your phone will be re-formatted. Now try it again with the new memory card etc and hopefully all will be well

Advertisement