Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evil Dead speculation

• 28-06-2005 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

There's been a lot of talk over the last couple of years about a possible 4th Evil Dead film. Also, recently, I read a review with Sam Raimi in which he said that he was so impressed by Zack Schnieder's Dawn of the Dead remake, that he would consider letting another director remake Evil Dead. But this would not star Bruce Campbell.
    Just wanted to see what all the other Evil Dead fanatics make of it. I'd be all for a 4th Evil Dead film (although, with his commitments to Spiderman, it would probably be a long way off) but I'd be pretty sceptical about a remake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

No Bruce?.. No Ash... No evil dead.

If a remake was mounted, they would try and make it scary or funny, not the quasi mish mash we had in the original. And of course the obligatory current day CGI would reap havoc.

Im even dreading to see what Romero's land of the dead will be like. Its looking too big budget to ever match the previous films. Mutating zombies? no thanks. Big budget evil dead? Get out of my face.

EDIT: Id really like to get the horror board up and running, this thread would look good on the mantlepeice there, but its so oddly buried in Sci-fi and fantasy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

saw land of the dead other night despite a poor ending it was quite good and generally sticks to romero's formula of social issues represented through zombies will right up a review in a few minutes.

But on Evil Dead, from what i heard Bruce will be in the fourth evil dead movie, but not the remake. I've been trying to find Man with a Screaming Brain (film directed and starring Bruce Campbell) but its gone here :( . I am unsure where they will go with a fourth evil dead, i mean army of the darkness went completely the comedy route on a pg level. Also which ending are they gonna take? Will Evil Dead 4 be mad max with zombies? Or will it be in the present? (due to 2 endings in army of darkness)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hmmm..... Would I allow a different director? Poosibly but there would have to be a big creative involvement from Raimi.

CGI? No thanks. I've made this pledge to myself a thousand times. If I ever get to make a gorey big budget horror I'm not using CGI. A man can dream.....

No Campbell? If it were a remake of Evil Dead then alright but I'd want Campbell to have a cameo just for respect. Perhaps a backwater clerk at a store the kids stop at on their way to the house.
    If it were a 3rd sequel however, I'd need Bruce playing Ash.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Also which ending are they gonna take? Will Evil Dead 4 be mad max with zombies? Or will it be in the present? (due to 2 endings in army of darkness)
    Army Of Darkness had 1 ending and 1 ending alone.
    Bruce ends up 100 years too far in the future
    None of this other stuff. What they put in the cinema is the true ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

An Evil dead remake without bruce, get it out of my face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

but the other ending has some of the best lines ever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well the ending would most likely be the one where
    he finds himself back in S-Mart
    Because it was the theatrical ending, it would cause confusion to have the other one. Besides, if
    the original ending was changed for Army of Darkness because it was too 'depressing'
    I doubt they'd continue on from it in Evil Dead 4.

Edit: Maynard, I didn't even realise there was a Horror board until you just mentioned, I've never gone near the Sci-Fi section!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

Maynard, I didn't even realise there was a Horror board until you just mentioned, I've never gone near the Sci-Fi section!

Yea.. Its really buried in there.. I went on a horror board hunt not so long ago and I found one damnit. I was so proud of myself. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

For as long as I can remember, I have always been a Evildead fan. Even when you couldn't get the R2 DVD of Army of Darkness. I ended up "asking" a mate to get it while he was in the states.

If they remade a Evildead movie. then fair enough. It would be ok not to have Bruce as Ash. However! if it was a 4th one. then it will **HAVE** to have Bruce as Ash. It would not be a Evildead with out his over the top acting, cheezy lines that are pulled off with some odd smoodness.

It would just not be a Evil Dead with out Bruce. Hell even with out Sam, I mean his car would not be in it! That would just be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

<3 sutty

Evil Dead with Bruce is not Evil Dead. It has to be cheesy aswell, it's part of the charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Id love a 4th Evil dead but would deffo need Bruce.

I never saw the "original ending" from army of darkness only the other one. Could someone give a quick recap to what happened for me plz? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

koneko wrote:
    <3 sutty

Evil Dead with Bruce is not Evil Dead. It has to be cheesy aswell, it's part of the charm.
    They say there hasn't been a new genre since Fellini's mockumentary but I think the weird mix or slapstick comedy and eggageration and horror of mainly Evil Dead 1 counts as a new genre. Dead By Dawn's comedy is too overt and so, I think, just counts the film as a comedy. I think we know what Army Of Darkness is.

koneko wrote:
    <3 sutty

Give me some sugger babeh

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

sutty wrote:
    Give me some sugger babeh

;)

I'll swallow youurrr soulll!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Evil Dead: The Musical works just as well without Bruce. Obviously, it would work better with him (although I've never heard him sing), but either way - it shows it can be done, if the idea is a good 'un.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Mneh, if theres no Bruce there's no Evil Dead, simple as.

koneko wrote:
    I'll swallow youurrr soulll!!

Swallow this!

Oh this is going down hill fast :eek:

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Id love a 4th Evil dead but would deffo need Bruce.

I never saw the "original ending" from army of darkness only the other one. Could someone give a quick recap to what happened for me plz? :)
    Instead of finding himself back in the S-Mart, Ash travels too far into the future and finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world. The studio dismissed it as 'too depressing'.

The alternate ending is better, but I enjoy the normal one (in S-Mart) more when you're watching the film again. It's silly.
    sutty wrote:
    Swallow this!

Oh this is going down hill fast :eek:

You just *had* to do it, didntcha?

koneko wrote:
    The alternate ending is better, but I enjoy the normal one (in S-Mart) more when you're watching the film again. It's silly.

The Hail to the King ending is a good bit of fun. Plus you get the "Hail to the King Baby" bit :D Pure class.

The Orignal ending I thought was better in keeping with the idea's of Evildead 2. Where Even though Ash sorts everything out. He still gets scr3wd. I'd love to see a movie based on the Orignal ending to be done.

koneko wrote:
    You just *had* to do it, didntcha?

Well yeah, its me. Lets face it, I'm not a classy guy.

On the note of Class, I was looking at Bruses site. I'd love to get his two books. Maybe once my CC is not maxed out :D

• Advertisement

Same here. Wish he was doing a book tour here too :(
    Americans get to have all the fun

If Chins Could Kill is a great book, I must get Make Love The Bruce Campbell way :D

Advertisement