Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Garden eviction - Could have been handled better

• 28-06-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

So after spending three days living like Anne Frank (well at least anne frank had some of her clothes), 2 of the three secret garden housemates were finally admitted into the house. The third, Kinga, was booted out in the same fashion that Nasty Nick, and destructive house mate Kitten were booted out.

Orlath hadn't even watched the show, and didnt even know any of the housemates names, neither did Eugene, yet Makosi chose them. Fair enough

However for Kinga, who was evicted, to be on the show proper would have been a dream come true. It is my own personal opinion that Kinga, would have bade a far more entertaining housemate. But this is not the real reason for the post.

The whole procedure of loosing one of the Secret Garden housemates was inhuman in my opinion. It didnt matter who it was that went, what happened last night was vile.

I think it is wrong that someone, who went to the trouble of entering the competition, went three days without fresh air and their own clothes and personal belongings, be locked up on the first night in the garden. They were not allowed to make very much noise for fear of being discovered. and they had very little food, they also ate very little as they were told by Makosi that they could be in that, what can only be described as a bedsit, until Friday.

After completing the task of keeping the housemates under wroaps, All three should have been allowed into the house, and the public should have been given the decision to evict one of the newcommers the following friday.

It would not have been impossible to have two separate televotes. One for Maxwell v Saskia, and the other for the three newcommers. At least that way Kinga would have at least experienced the house, if only for a few days. And she would have gotten an eviction night like every other Big Brother evictee(who hasnt broken the rules that is) since big brother started. and she would have gotten her little interview with Davina at the end.

you could see that Kinga was totally gutted by being given the boot by makosi, but after she was evicted, she was lead out the back door like maxwell should have been for scabgate.

Yes it might have made brilliant television, but the comment that kinga said herself "I'm never good enough for anything " stuck in my mind. The fact that after going to all the trouble of preparing for this competition, she didnt even get treated like an evicted housemate, who get their eviction night, where they can dress up before leaving and look their best for their interview at the end.

I doubt Kinga will have such a fond love of Big Brother now after being so badly treated. personally, I would have taken my chances in the public vote against Maxwell and Saskia, rather than have to destroy someones dream like that.

but then that is just me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

The third, Kinga, was booted out in the same fashion that Nasty Nick, and destructive house mate Kitten were booted out.
    That was horrible. I just watched a taped version of it because i missed earlier and she never broke any rule and should have went out the door she went in.
    I think it is wrong that someone, who went to the trouble of entering the competition, went three days without fresh air and their own clothes and personal belongings, be locked up on the first night in the garden. They were not allowed to make very much noise for fear of being discovered. and they had very little food, they also ate very little as they were told by Makosi that they could be in that, what can only be described as a bedsit, until Friday.

After completing the task of keeping the housemates under wroaps, All three should have been allowed into the house, and the public should have been given the decision to evict one of the newcommers the following friday.
    I completely agree.
    you could see that Kinga was totally gutted by being given the boot by makosi, but after she was evicted, she was lead out the back door like maxwell should have been for scabgate.
    Yep, the wrong person went out the wrong door.
    the comment that kinga said herself "I'm never good enough for anything " stuck in my mind.
    mine too. along with "why does this always happen to me."
    The fact that after going to all the trouble of preparing for this competition, she didnt even get treated like an evicted housemate, who get their eviction night, where they can dress up before leaving and look their best for their interview at the end.
    The eviction process is part and parcel of BB. She should have got treated like any other that didnt break the rules and had her few minutes to chat and laugh. They showed her best bits and no, they werent the greatest but all that's done on eviction night. I was quite disgusted they didnt give her the same treatment, and now feel so sorry for her. No matter how horrible she was in there, she didnt deserve to be smuggled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Oh boo hoo!

As far as I'm concerned if you agree to go on that show then you're fair game for whatever BB wants to throw at you (foul or fair).

As for the duel televote it wouldn't have worked as I guarentee a sizeable percentage of voters would misinterpret it and think it was some kind of 5way vote for a single eviction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I do agree with a lot that Billy has said with regards to how the eviction was handled.

I do think it was unfair they way that they treated Kinga, cruel even. But as Pigman has said, if you agree to go on a show like BB you have to live with the consequences if you are, in your eyes, unfairly treated.

You don't hear anybody complaining about the lucrative magazine and advertising deals that they receive upon leaving the house for essentially doing bugger all. The sad matter of the fact is that people like Kinga and others like her (and there are plenty like her out there) are just the collateral damage of a show like BB.

B.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It is pretty bad of them but I assume all potential housemates are made to sign their lives away in regards to disclaimers etc... so Id say BB can do just about anything they want to them once inside the BB domain... But if people are desperate enough to get their face on tele they have to be prepared to be made a fool of :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As far as I'm concerned if you agree to go on that show then you're fair game for whatever BB wants to throw at you (foul or fair).

Indeed, those are the risks you take!

To be honest, I'd seen more than enough of her as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

boo bloody hoo. Its a game show.

Advertisement