Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB upgrade

• 29-06-2005 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Has anybody on the IBB 512/512 old (mesh antenna) equipment been upgraded, without having to change their contract ?? I understood that I'd be upgraded to 1 Meg, and retain the same terms and conditions per other ISPs. Originally, tech support told me that I'd be upgraded to 1 Meg when the Phibsboro high site could handle the extra load.

Last contact with IBB support told me that I have to have the equipment upgraded (free of charge), pay an extra €1 per month, move to a 30gb cap, and change from a 20:1 to 48:1 contention. Somehow, I think I'd be better off staying with the package that I have (which I'm very happy with by the way), mainly due to the change in contention, which is a bit drastic.

Just wondering if this is a new policy, or has it been in place all along.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Just answered my own question. While doing a search earlier, I had seen ricardos response suggesting power cycling the radio. Posted the question, the went and power cycled the radio for the hell of it. Back up, and there I am at 1 meg !!!!!

The service that I getfrom IBB is great. It's just a pity that there doesn't seem to be any two people in their sales or tech support groups who can give the same answer to a simple question. Don't know whether to ring the guy I was talking to in tech support and tell him he was wrong, or just sit back fat and happy and enjoy the extra speed.

Thanks ricardo !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Deacon,
    Where is the Phibs high site? there is no mention of one on their website. Is it on top of the Phibs centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

WezzyB wrote:
    Deacon,
    Where is the Phibs high site? there is no mention of one on their website. Is it on top of the Phibs centre?

WezzyB ... it's the Botanic high site, in the Smurfit complex at the top of Botanic Road (Harts Corner). When I joined them a year and a bit ago, they always referred to it as Phibsboro. In fact, tech support still do, although sales seem to call it Botanic. Probably fairly typical of IBB ... tech and sales saying different things.

Advertisement