Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 - Lost connection to Server

Options
  • 29-06-2005 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I keep losing the connection to servers when playing online.

I've tried it on two different PC's now so it's not the system. My BB connection is 2Mbps, never had problems like this playing other games.

The ping for the servers i connect to have been around the 50ms mark (well at least that's what game spy reports).

I can play for a couple of mins and then get kicked from the servers. I dont think it's by the admin becuase the game becomes quite laggy first.

Anyone else getting the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

get it alot on the official EA servers. some of them have pings of around 70+. there ok for a round or 2 and then u just lose the connection. i have eircom's 2Mb package. i try to play on the gamecenter EURO servers. i don't have the same problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 {M.D.K} V!P3R

I also lose the connection from Official EA Servers, And I am with IOL online. Its also a 2mb package. Hope they get this fixed asap?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

yup i'm getting same problem aswell with a ntl broadband connection. Its quite frustrating especially if your doing well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheTick

Been playing CS for about an hour, struck up a game of BF2, lasted about 2 mins and got kicked.

REALLY annoying!

I dont bother with the single player side to these games, it's all about playing online! So this is non-starter (my mates will feel the same way, gonna warn them off this!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have you set your connection to T1 or DSL /256?

had this issues on 1st week then noticed the connection icon in Options.

kdjac

• Advertisement

I'll have to check that, still poor if that's the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Happened to me a few times too
    Seems to only happen when its a full 64 player server, never happens on any other games and Im on a 3mb connection..

Changed the option for the connection from T1 to cable 256 (no other options) and I still have the problem.....

All good will is gone with this game it's going up on the top shelf and it might be a while until I'm bored enough to give it another go.

Back to CS....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

What servers were you playing on?

Try some of the Irish ones listed here. Some of the ones closer to home might be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anything like this problem I am having with the TIG servers?

http://www.theirishguard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1482

I can log on and use the IOL, GFF and NRG server no problem but TIG dont work....have also connected to random European server that are Racked and had no problems!!

• Advertisement

Winters wrote:
    What servers were you playing on?

Try some of the Irish ones listed here. Some of the ones closer to home might be better.

Just random low ping .co.uk servers.

I'll give it a try on the irish servers, one last time...

Big Nelly wrote:
    Anything like this problem I am having with the TIG servers?

http://www.theirishguard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1482

I can log on and use the IOL, GFF and NRG server no problem but TIG dont work....have also connected to random European server that are Racked and had no problems!!

It doesn't look like quite the same problem, i get this connection lost with every server i've played. I'll try the TIG server and see, but i guess i'll have the same problem, we'll see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

TheTick wrote:
    It doesn't look like quite the same problem, i get this connection lost with every server i've played. I'll try the TIG server and see, but i guess i'll have the same problem, we'll see...

Check NRG and GFF...I never have a problem connecting to them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

I get this quite a bit as well. Usually at least once per server. I've been lucky with a good connection for 2 years so I doubt it is that. After getitng kicked my net connection is still working fine and other (low bandwith) programs are still working fine so it seems to be the game. Hopefully a patch will sort it out whether server or client side based.

Advertisement