Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Sorry this is the 3rd time I've had to put up with crap on this forum from people and I'm fed up of these nasty, vicious posts from people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Perhaps I'm just a hard assed, emotionally challenged jarhead, but where was the abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

any correllation between 892 posts (some of them as long as essays) and a lack of friends?

lol.

Posts aren't long unless they need 4-5 entries to cover them due to word limit tbh. Zane is a mere amateur! :)

Oh and anyone considering First Arts difficult really should just stay away from academia. Arts, while very difficult to excel in, is far less intensive and difficult than say, Medicine, Engineering, Science etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

i'm wondering the same thing as kas.

zane, just chill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

said he had no friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

said he had no friends.

hardly a reason to freak out like that though.

zane, you're a really nice guy but you need to relax. you're doing yourself no favours mate.

Sorry this is the 3rd time I've had to put up with crap on this forum from people and I'm fed up of these nasty, vicious posts from people.

Welcome to the Intar-Web. Abuse is as common as lazy Arts Students on here mate. Just rise above it.

That or become abusive. Either works really.

The above is an excellent example of a good, well targeted troll. You may find this Wiki article interesting and educating reading: Internet Trolls

The important bit:
    In the context of the Internet, a troll is a message that is inflammatory or hostile, which by effect or design causes a disruptions in discourse, or a person posting such messages.

As you can see above, this troll was very effective and well targeted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

If anyone recieved that nasty, bullying comment you posted towards me they would say the exact same thing.
    Zane now in fairness he was indirectly insulting all posters with more than 892 posts, not just you! Seriously though, don't get so worked up about things like this. That means they've gotten to you, which is bad - if you can just step back and rise above someone who insults you then you've beaten them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I dont think you can brush off his posts as 'trolls' just because you disagree with them, they were a perfectly legitimate response to Zane's discussing his rather extreme problems with arts in order to clear the matter up for the OP. All the rage does really help his point that its everyone elses fault not his that he doesnt get along though eh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ecomaniac banned.

• Advertisement

Blut wrote:
    I dont think you can brush off his posts as 'trolls' just because you disagree with them, they were a perfectly legitimate response to Zane's discussing his rather extreme problems with arts in order to clear the matter up for the OP. All the rage does really help his point that its everyone elses fault not his that he doesnt get along though eh :rolleyes:

Well, tbh, when I say troll I don't automatically mean it in a negative sense. A well aimed flame is a valid element of forum discussions. Just one that mods need to keep an eye on imo.

I agree with you though, I don't think Zane contributed much to this thread. But then, neither did I. Pointless posts on a thread!!! Call the thought police! etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

said he had no friends.

Isn't that what Zane's been saying himself the entire year? (not that I believe him, he's gone drinking with us on a number of occasions:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

he may have said he isn't mates with ppl on his course. didn't say he had no friends.

he may have said he isn't mates with ppl on his course. didn't say he had no friends.

Yeah big difference in fairness. It's actually quite difficult to not have any friends. You might not see them often or whatever, but you really have to make an effort to not have them if you haven't picked up a few somewhere by the time you reach college.

And if you can't make them at college, with societies, clubs et al, then meh, better get over it and used to it. You'll never have an easier time to make friends than when you are in first year in college and are surrounded by people who also don't know many people and who are looking for friends.

Then again that's just my opinion, and I've always been a "social" person to some extent so maybe I'm being unduely harsh, but I don't think so really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I think this thread should be locked, tbh.
    It's gone off on a complete tangent of abuse and recriminations, and nothin that anyone's posting is relevant or helpful to the OP's question.

P.S. I'm away of the irony of me making a post on this thread appealing for everyone to stop posting on this thread, so don't bother pointing that out. :D

SebtheBum wrote:
    I think this thread should be locked, tbh.
    It's gone off on a complete tangent of abuse and recriminations, and nothin that anyone's posting is relevant or helpful to the OP's question.

P.S. I'm away of the irony of me making a post on this thread appealing for everyone to stop posting on this thread, so don't bother pointing that out. :D

The OP's post was a question? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

nesf wrote:
    The OP's post was a question? :eek:

LOL :D

Yes, nesf.

*pats nesf's head in a condescending manner*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Trickle, Uberwolf, Gandalf. I thought you guys were meant to be mods.
    Being a member of the boards community it is your job to report threads that need specific mod attention.

If you or anyone else has a problem with a post then click the "report this post" button on the left there <- and this will alert the mod/cmod via email.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Wise words indeed.

Zane, whenever you get unbanned please just try and ignore these people who you say are out to get you. Most of us on this board are a pretty friendly bunch, sometimes what we say is hard hitting (and has to be, otherwise this place wouldn't be quite so interesting). Some people cross the line sometimes, but you've got to chill and let it blow over and let them be the eejit, otherwise from this thread you look like the eejit. Just cool it a bit and relax mate. :)

Advertisement