Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do all cast spells?

Options
  • 29-06-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

do pagans and wiccans all cast spells or are the majority of people here just people who worship the earth and mother nature .you will all have to forgive me for asking such a question but i am very new to all this.it really fasinates me and soon i wil practise this religion myself but i want to get info on it all first.i lke to hear of spells cast by people and if they worked but thats not why im just interested in this religion.i just want to get as much info as possible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Not all Pagans cast spells.

Not all people who call themselves Wiccans do, though I'd have a bit of a difference of opinion with most of them myself.

"Paganism" covers a lot of different paths, and not all of those have any place for magic at all, and quite a few have a place for it, but it's by no means central.

Not all magical traditions are Pagan. It would be hard to get any sort of numbers, but magical traditions with a Judeo-Christian background are certainly still around, and have been extremely influential upon magic as practiced in the West in the last few hundred years.

Don't say "i wil practise this religion myself" until you have found out more. The Craft isn't the One True Faith, nor do we think any other path, Pagan or otherwise, is. It may be the path for you, or it may not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sugardaddy

thanks for the reply talliesin .just as a matter of interest have u or anybody else out there done any spells with results?

Yes.

Sometimes even with the results I wanted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Spells/ prayers it can be hard to tell the difference.

The first 'spells' I ever learned was from my grandmother,
    the lighting of a candle and the leaving of flowers at the statue of the 'Virgin' Mary Mother of Us all in her church while asking for help and intersession for a family member. The exchange was help and intersession for extra decades of the rosary the tending of the May altar and the price of two loafs of bread for the poor box.

thanks i would really like to know of other spells that people done and if they got what they wanted

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I have been casting for years...even before I knew what it was that I was doing and it always gets results.
    As a matter of fact I have to do a reversal spell because tonight on one that went a little too well and I put too much energy into it. I thought it would run its course but it hasnt and needs helping along.

My mother has a tremendous amount of energy and she has no control over it, I finally got her to stop using negative energy because she was getting that it kept coming back to her in some form when she did that. I have gotten through to her finally.

My grandmother works mostly in healing, as does my aunt. As a matter of fact everytime I have metioned I was sick or coming down with something the next day I was better again...they have immense power in healing.

My spells are varied but always work. It takes focus, patience , energy, and understanding. Once you have become one with the earth and can feel everything and everyone around you it comes easily..thats my take on it anyway. ;)

thanks thats really interesting i never even believed in healers before but now it seems that anything is possible.also i was wondering what exactly is this energy that u talk of ,like how do i channel this energy,is it trough meditation bcause when i try to meditate it seems like i just have my eyes close and i am breathing.i feel no energy as such also what is the point of view on love spells and do u know any that u done wit h success.as i am on my own i would have to cast a circle on my own and it seems so complicated.when u close a circle what are u actually doing ? does this mean that u dont draw the circle fully to begin with?thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Love spells?!!!!

Sorry
    'an it harm none, do what you will' and love spells do not go wel together at all.
    Working, wishing.praying for love to come into your life is one thing,
    trying to alter another person, with out thier knowledge or thier permission is
    totally differnt and never a good thing.

I would suggest that you go do some reading,
    www.scared-texts.com is a good place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

sugardaddy wrote:
    thanks thats really interesting i never even believed in healers before but now it seems that anything is possible.also i was wondering what exactly is this energy that u talk of ,like how do i channel this energy,is it trough meditation bcause when i try to meditate it seems like i just have my eyes close and i am breathing.i feel no energy as such also what is the point of view on love spells and do u know any that u done wit h success.as i am on my own i would have to cast a circle on my own and it seems so complicated.when u close a circle what are u actually doing ? does this mean that u dont draw the circle fully to begin with?thanx
    Love spells? DON'T. DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T. Like Thaed said, praying for love to come into your life is one thing. Manipulating the emotions of a person is another. Me and love spells: I've done them. When I was younger and stupider and did not have proper responsibility. You do not want to know how much I hurt some people (yes, people I love) and permanently destroyed a lot of friendships. I was messing around, pretending to myself that I didn't have any real power but that, hey, I'll just try this anyway. Nothing fancy, no proper ritual, just using my intuition and directing my will. Telling myself that there's no such thing as magick ANYWAY, so what's the harm? Ahahahah. Never again. I still don't trust myself with spell-casting. I will one day, but not now.
    If what you mean by "love spell" is making someone fall in love with you... yeah, I believe it can be done. There's a reason that any experienced and responsible person who works with magick will NOT do it. Think it through. What do you really want to do? What are the full consequences of this? Do you know? No, you don't. Love is a double-edged sword. And yet, we can want it very, very badly, and if you start directing your power towards something that you really, really want, you can suddenly discover that you've got a LOT more power than you thought you had.
    That is a scary moment.
    Thaed wrote:
    I would suggest that you go do some reading, www.scared-texts.com is a good place to start.
    Should be www.sacred-texts.com ;) Great site, though.

Regarding spell-casting: read. Read and read some more. And trust your intuition. Maintain self-awareness, be aware of what you want to do and what you are doing. That's all I'll say.

sugardaddy wrote:
    what is the point of view on love spells and do u know any that u done wit h success
    I know of some that other people have done with success. Unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Love spells!?! Never tried one and never will. Have done some spells in the past with varying degrees of success. Although generally don't bother that much, prefer to meditate on a problem and solve it through strength of character and will. Do pray though but more in the worshipful reverent sense then the please send me money, jobs etc. Still with magick there's a time and place and so long as you know what you're doing and are prepared to live with the consequences spells can be very useful.

Neil

thanks for the replies and i do understand the possible consequences of doing love spells but even still in my circumstances i feel that this girl feels for me as well but due to complications i was unable to accept any offers from her so now i want to give things a little push and i was wondering if magic could in any way help.i know that magic is not the answer to all of lifes problems i was just trying to see if it could help.even still aside from love spells i would still like to hear of other spells that people have done and their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

OP as a matter of interest who's feeling are you trying to change?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Absolutley not! every witch knows that you do not mess with free will!
    what you should consider: if you and this girl are meant for each other then it will come to pass. If you are looking for a love spell then all you should wish for is love to come into your life...if it is her love you are meant to have then it will be done. A person who knows not of the craft should not be practicing it. Go to someone who does know and let them help you and teach you.
    Remember anything you put out in negativity will come back to you.

I am very concerned that you are thinking of toying with someones free will, I did this once before I knew anything about consequences much like yourself, let me tell you that you will only end up hurting the person you are casting against which will hurt you because of your feelings for them.

Think before you cast, learn and study and understand first.;)

sugardaddy wrote:
    thanks for the replies and i do understand the possible consequences of doing love spells
    Do you understand the consequences of messing with someone else's free will. I wouldn't say I'd never attack someone ever, but I certainly wouldn't because I fancied them.
    sugardaddy wrote:
    but even still in my circumstances i feel that this girl feels for me as well but due to complications i was unable to accept any offers from her so now i want to give things a little push
    How about chocolates and some flowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

i would not say I cast spells, I understand it more as weaving them, but only in that helps me visualise my sense of magick as being part of the fabric of reality, as we are aware of it, and what it unknown to us.

I do beleive spells have an ability to work even outside a strict sense of wiitchcraft simply in that they are words, and the ability to externalise though in language is a remarkable thing.

love spells I skimme dover the posts because I saw mention of free will as if a spell you case could affect anothers free will. Maybe thats the accpeted understanding but to me free will, your mind is an entity more capable and stornger than any ritual/intent. So I would understand that love spells simply would not work. I would avoid them because you are deliberately trying to influence another person and that is a selfish thing. Removing obstacles to love or the possibilities is another thing entirely. It can be necessary, and a beautiful thing to see; e.g someone freed of the anxietys/ low self esteem that stop them being involved with some one they care for

PAX. Know Joy.

It can be necessary, and a beautiful thing to see; e.g someone freed of the anxietys/ low self esteem that stop them being involved with some one they care for
    I'd do that for someone if they asked me to. Maybe.

Beyond that, while I'm not with those who get so hung up on the possible consequences that they never do anything, I'm not going to just suddenly do a working because someone I know is anxious without their consent, and certainly not without their knowledge. Low self-esteem comes from somewhere, and suddenly dropping that from someone's psyche is going to have reprecutions on their lives that will not necessarily be good, especially if they aren't in a place to own that low self-esteem and do even the work required to ask someone else for help.

I also wouldn't bother to do a working for something that can be dealt with easily by mundane work - in the case above, the poster says the girl had feelings for him and maybe still does. Phoning her and asking her out would bring that one to whatever fruition it has in store. I say leave the patchouli incense and the red candles in their boxes until it's time to set the mood in a bedroom, not bring them into circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

This obsession with the free will of others is unique to withcraft and paganism. Whoever was responsible for the Law of Three, or whatever the pagan formulation of exponential karma is called, has a lot to answer for. Magick is imposing one's will upon one's world, and people happen to be part of that world.

Needless to say, I don't mean to be combative, and I will not preach to pagans on a matter of their own doctrine. However, as a ceremonial magickian, my views are quite different, if not diametrically opposed on this issue. One of the most important concepts in CM is that of the Will, developed greatly by Crowley and his Thelemites. Put simply, a magickian is one who has mastered himself and whose will is stronger as a result. It is thererfore not only permissible that a magickian should overpower the will of others, but natural, even inevitable.

So, sugardaddy, perhaps, if the witches give you a hard time over this love spell thing, you might consider the options offered by Ceremonial Magick. ;)

Sapien wrote:
    This obsession with the free will of others is unique to withcraft and paganism. Whoever was responsible for the Law of Three, or whatever the pagan formulation of exponential karma is called, has a lot to answer for. Magick is imposing one's will upon one's world, and people happen to be part of that world.

Needless to say, I don't mean to be combative, and I will not preach to pagans on a matter of their own doctrine. However, as a ceremonial magickian, my views are quite different, if not diametrically opposed on this issue. One of the most important concepts in CM is that of the Will, developed greatly by Crowley and his Thelemites. Put simply, a magickian is one who has mastered himself and whose will is stronger as a result. It is thererfore not only permissible that a magickian should overpower the will of others, but natural, even inevitable.

So, sugardaddy, perhaps, if the witches give you a hard time over this love spell thing, you might consider the options offered by Ceremonial Magick. ;)
    Sure, but Sapien, we're talking about someone who in their own words is "very new to all this". Not "someone who has mastered himself". I don't mind if he/she gets some good hard advice now, if it saves a lot of pain later on. Ignorance is dangerous.

So, though I'm not going to start arguing doctrine, I would question whether someone who has a lot to learn needs this kind of advice. Before you even consider overpowering anybody's will, you need to know a lot about responsibility and a lot about yourself.

Sapien wrote:
    This obsession with the free will of others is unique to withcraft and paganism.
    Not unique (though just what the take on it is here is different to elsewhere), not found in all forms of witchcraft (quite a lot of old traditional witchcraft is very much involved in dabbling with people's free will), not found in all Pagan paths, but yes, it is a bit part of Wiccan ethics.
    Sapien wrote:
    Whoever was responsible for the Law of Three, or whatever the pagan formulation of exponential karma is called, has a lot to answer for. Magick is imposing one's will upon one's world, and people happen to be part of that world.
    All actions are about imposing one's will upon the world, and all ethics are about how one does that.

As I said though, I'm not completely opposed to attacking people, as someone who did a love spell on me or mine could find out.
    Sapien wrote:
    Such a magician should still be acting out of clearer intent than those who need love spells are anyway.

• Advertisement

has anybody actually done a love spell here because if so i would like too hear the results of it it s just people alljust say ,:i did a love spell and it turned out bad;etc.i need to know exactly what happened.i not set ion doing a love spell i just want to hear a bit more detail on them and their overall effects thats all.thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

It depends what kind of love spell. A spell to make someone fall in love with you is never a good idea...

sugardaddy wrote:
    has anybody actually done a love spell here because if so i would like too hear the results of it it s just people alljust say ,:i did a love spell and it turned out bad;etc.
    I'm not saying any more because it's pretty damn personal.
    sugardaddy wrote:
    i need to know exactly what happened.
    i just want to hear a bit more detail on them and their overall effects thats all.
    Could I ask why?

arrietty wrote:
    I'm not saying any more because it's pretty damn personal.
    Agreed, also though I haven't done love spells, there's only so much I would say about workings I have done or that I know about in quite so public a forum.

Scire, Audere, Velle, et Tacere - To Know, To Will, To Dare, and To Keep Silent.

I'm not saying no one should answer the question (it's for each person to decide how much is appropriate to say about what where, and the answer to that depends on their experiences with the workings and other factors), but just that I wouldn't be surprised if no one else is willing to say more about their actual experiences.

Advertisement