Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think wearing glasses makes a person less attractive?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Zulu wrote:
    So, you don't find glasses attractive: you're shallow?
    You do find glasses attractive: you're not shallow??

That's not what he meant and you know it. Don't be so obtuse.

If you find that glasses make a difference either way - you're shallow.
    If you shrugs you're shoulders and say, "It's makes no odds to me whether you wear glasses or not" - then you're not shallow. :)

That's not my opinion, that's just what Death Sentence was gettin at (I think :o ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I sometimes wear them myself, but I prefer contacts. Problem is that contacts don't work well with VDUs.
    I think glasses on a girl can be very sexy though. Just go into any specsavers and have a look around. Everyone in there wears glasses (to show them off, I presume) and man are the some of the women hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

SebtheBum wrote:
    That's not what he meant and you know it. Don't be so obtuse.

If you find that glasses make a difference either way - you're shallow.
    If you shrugs you're shoulders and say, "It's makes no odds to me whether you wear glasses or not" - then you're not shallow. :)

That's not my opinion, that's just what Death Sentence was gettin at (I think :o ).
    Obtuse!?! Look at the poll Seb.
    If you really want to be obtuse you can relate attraction to shallowness. ...oh wait, sorry - you just did.

/edit
    Sorry, Seb, it wasn't your opinion, you just felt the need to spell it out to me in case I didn't catch it the first time. :rolleyes:

Zulu wrote:
    oh wait, sorry - you just did.

*Sigh*

No, I didn't, Death Sentence did. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

As most people have said, it all depends on the style of glasses ... sure a few years ago wasn't it a fashionable to wear glasses [I know a few people who wore glasses with plain glass :rolleyes:]

I wear them myself & on nights out my friends would rob them so they could wear them :D

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    [I know a few people who wore glasses with plain glass :rolleyes:]

Yeah, I remember this - my bruv was in a play in Trinners and had to play James Joyce, so had these plain-glass pair for it... He reckoned he looked so "fetching" :D in them that he wore them pretty much all the time for a few months afterwards. They did suit him tho, true enuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cordelia

There is something sexy as h@ll about the object of your desires wearing glasses and then taking them off...

Or me taking the off........... ;)

That whole Clark Kent/Superman thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

I honestly think it can make someone look really attractive, depends on the style of the glasses though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

glasses can say so much intelligent, innocent, business person etc...fantastic invention and they just look plain sexy too..ilove when my girlfriend has her glasses on and her hair in pigtails...sexy as hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

On a girl, the right pair of glasses can make her look more attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Aint no sex wth specs

Sorry bt no, I cant think of one attractive girl who looks better or even attractive with glasses. Any lookers I know who ever got glasses gave them up within a week, they couldnt stick the state of them

By right I should wear glasses, Im fine for things up close but I cant read small newspaper print more than about 4 feet away. And often, especially on a cold, blustery day I cant recognise people I know well until I am maybe 40 feet from them (unless of course its some very fat/tall/distinguisingly featured friend). It gets embarassing sometimes when I stare down someone in a small distance who I think I know, but then it turns out I dont (in fact it can get weird- one morning about 8am after an all night session I was coming home and stared at this girl across the street who from a distance looked quite like a mate of mine from the same neighbouring estate the girl walked out of. Stared hard, she saw me and I realised I didnt know her. At 6pm Im walkin to the shops and I only happen to walk right past the girl again. She musta been freaked :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ania

I adore men with glasses- that makes every man look intelligent and intelligence is attracktive, in my opinion.
    But obviously it depends on what kind of glasses.
    It might sound superficial, but I only like the really fashionable label glasses by Gucci, Police, etc. which are very expensive but worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

On a girl, the right pair of glasses can make her look more attractive.

I'm 150% behind you on this one

Advertisement