Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical reseller margin (software)?

Options
  • 29-06-2005 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Any idea what the "usual" reseller margin is for a software product...or what is reasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I sell software and i usually give a 25% reseller discount. I think it depends on quantity, price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would have thought it would be a bit more like a 33 percent reseller discount. But if they're only buying one, 25 percent is fair enough. If it's a higher-priced product, I would think that the discount would be smaller. It really depends what the reseller is bringing to the party. If you're reselling Microsoft licences there's not going to be much markup in it, but if you're selling a lot of training software that no one in the marketplace has heard of before, then there's going to be a lot more markup.

Advertisement