Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello, is that the 12-click police?

• 12-06-2001 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

NOOBEEZ, on the CS board, needs to disappear. He's just started 10 new ****ing topics all of which I've had to delete, I'm off for some sleep now and I fear for the state of the board when I wake up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

The IP is from DNC, this is the 2nd time now I've had to remove a string of threads from a new account and an IP in DNC, if someone from DNC wants to check who it was using the PC I have the IP and times here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Have a read of NOOBEEZ posts. Nobody can be that stupid! He's obviously just doing it to wind people up. I mean ffs he is trying to sell a megadrive (a MEGADRIVE) and three games for 90 quid! This guy can not be for real he's just here to annoy. Is he banned yet?

John (yes THE John!)
    john.filetap.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What the hell's a 12 click?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DadaKopf:
    What the hell's a 12 click?</font>

12 clicks is what it takes to delete your account!

Have you done a spellcheck on that letter yet? tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Here here... 12-clickify him.

I want his Megadrive... not for £90 tho' wink.gif

[Edit]: actually- thinking about it... no I don't... what am I, mad or what?... lol

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

this is the **** he's puttin up on the webmaster board..
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOOBEEZ:
    can i make a website for people</font>

Bard I'll sell you one for a tenner!

<getting back on topic>

What the Hell's with his "i like mickey mouse" post on Films/Video?

John (yes THE John!)
    john.filetap.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Puck:
    Bard I'll sell you one for a tenner!
    </font>

Hmmm! Maybe I'll reconsider... biggrin.gif

what games, Puck?

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

Ah I've a few good ones. I have a MegaCD II (LOL) if you want one. I'll post it to For Sale if I decide to follow up. Don't wanna go too much off-topic here.

John (yes THE John!)
    john.filetap.com

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Some one needs to enligten him with some 12-clickalisation.

Click his account out the door.

DRAKe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ah yes, the 'lets 12-click everyone who annoys us' brigade are out in force again...

thank god some of you are not in positions of power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

12 Click WhiteWashMan for questioning our authority!
    tongue.gif

I do think people are getting a bit 12-click happy. We do have other powers of control and most people will shape up if given a warning.

But what do you do with those that sign up only to annoy people on the boards. Some people just want to annoy others and don't take advantage of what Boards.ie actually has to offer.

John (yes THE John!)
    john.filetap.com

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

While so far his posts are on the crap side, he hasn't posted anything offensive or particularly annoying. Wait and see what he does. 12-clicking everyone who registeres and posts crap for the frist few posts would man a sharp decline in the number of new people on the boards. It is better to "train" new people by pointing out rubbish posts shouldn't really be posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

There's enought people on boards to put him in his place. 12-clicking really is only for extreme offenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

well if the IP is from DnC he's obviously an alt of one of boards regular users and probably just doing it for a windup.
    I doubt he gives a **** about users that try to "put him in his place".
    Make an example of this agitator.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fisty:
    well if the IP is from DnC he's obviously an alt of one of boards regular users and probably just doing it for a windup.
    </font>

Not necessarily... isn't DnC a net cafe?

Couldn't it therefore be ... well- anyone?

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

well technically yes.
    but use your head.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fisty:
    well technically yes.
    but use your head.
    </font>

"use your head"??? s'cuse me? - I've never been to DnC so I've no idea what their regular crowd are like.

Bard

I wouldn't usually be in favour of 12-clicking too many people but he started up 10 new Threads, whole threads, on the CS board.... and the contents of these posts would lead me to believe that it's someone who's used the boards before. The contents of the threads reeked of a double login, and it was at 6.30 am......

The whole thing points to double login, it can probably be checked up on by people who were in the cafe at the time, I can tell them what PC it was posted from and when, someone should know who was sitting there if it wasn't too busy.....

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

12-clicking is used when a user is ruining the enjoyment of boards for others (possibly as little as one other user in recent harrassment cases).

Its not used lightly but I wont hesistate to 12-click someone who is persistantly and knowlingly trying to ruin the enjoyment of another Boards user.

DeVore.

Fair enough, at the time I posted this I didn't realise that the account was actually going to be used properly, his first 10 posts were all new muppet threads on CS board, and that's happened twice before with a new account starting loads of new threads, just assumed this was the same thing again. If it's being used for purposes other than to spam new threads fair enough, I'm sure he'll learn smile.gif

I'm just after doing a search for all of NOOBEEZ's posts, every one is a new nonsense thread with one line in his post, all made around 6.30, they're quite funny though. For example, the thread on Halflife, "i want to book AICSL too"
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i want to book it at 6.00-7.00 i want to test the guns in tfc out</font>

Then there's the thread "does it" on the quake board,
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">does the railgun shoot out slugs or rockets ?</font>

The rest are pretty similar, I encourage you to check them out, good for a laugh if nothing else smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Has he become annoying yet?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Evil DeVore 12-clicked him.

I was feeling particularly eviiil you see.

I'm nearly as a Evil as Evil Phil now, though no mortal human can be THAT evil!

My avatar even changed to reflect my alignment change...

DeV (Evil++)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ohh, new avatar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

But Zoltar wasn't really evil, he was just mis-understood. Btw I'm surprised Cloud didn't take that Zoltar icon, he's quite possibly the biggest BotP fanatic around these parts.

I deleted a post by NOOBEEZ on the Gaeilge board with the subject "iam good at irish" in which he went on to say "imnot oo badat it"... and that was it.

Another day another muppet smile.gif

Bard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah he is takin the p1ss on the unreal board and the quake board as well smile.gif 12 click gets my vote biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

BAN CASTOR TROY!(TM)

P.s Now that your avatar wears makeup Dev, I find you strangely attractive wink.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 13-06-2001).]

Advertisement