Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID cards on the way?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Compulsory Military Service might not be a bad idea to teach people discipline, hardship, hard work, and make people more patriotic.

It might well make for stronger communities, forge a sense of purpose, and unity.

I think you are getting mixed up between Singapore and Malaysia. Singapore has compulsory military service, Malaysia has only recently instroduced it. But the Malaysian version lasts three months. Singapores lasts two years. I would have no problems with it, providing it was supervised properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Cojofl

I already have discipline and a work ethic. I don't need to be forced against my will to join a military to develop them further. What about the huge costs of complusory military service?

And why is patriotism such a great thing? http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Goldman/Writings/Anarchism/patriotism.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It has compulsory Military Service for all residents.

All? Including women?

Progressive.

jc

Advertisement